High School Drama (I know, Its all ridiculous)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoy108, Dec 27, 2007.

1. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

I hate High School. I wish I could skip it and go work for Apple already. But I can't and I have found myself in a predicament. I'm barley social at school, I have friends in my classes sure but as for lunch ect. I eat with some nerds(not mac nerds :( ) and thats about it. I have a very good friend who is a girl but she is in 10th grade but my age but we dont eat lunch together or anything. I think I like her. Now today here I am minding my own bussiness on my mac when I get a friend request on youtube, oh its that super hot girl who sits behind me in science. I am surprised and I accept her invitation and I send her a message and eventualy she gives me her AIM so through iChat I'm talking to her and she asks me who I like, I say a few people...So here I am thinking this superhot girl is half interested in the conversation then all of a sudden she says she likes me. I think she is joking and start rambling on about how pretty she is and why woud she ever like me and I sont belive her so much that her sister calls me from New Mexico at 11:00 at night to tell me she is not lying!
    Now she wants to have a relationship and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions PLEASE!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um dont stress so much. and dont thnk you are not "worthy"

confidence plays wonders

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

What's the problem here? You have so little self confidence that you can't believe she likes you? I don't like the sound of that. Believe it or not, not all girls are interested in the clichéd high school jock. There's probably something about you she finds attractive. If so, why question it? As far as I see, one of two things can happen:

1) She is pulling a cruel (and pointless) joke on you and you'll be laughed at by her and a handful of her friends for a few days. Big whoop. It's high school, you'll get over it. Seeing as how this represents a small chance anyways, why don't we look at scenario 2:

2) She is genuinely interested in you and wants to go out with you. What's the problem here? Nothing.

Plainly put, you're just a bit nervous/scared, and while that's normal, you need to get outside of your comfort zone and just go with it. Like I said, the worst that can happen is a little private humiliation (which will make her feel ten times worse in a few years btw), which doesn't seem likely. The best that can happen is you progress as a person and make a connection with someone.

I think the choice is rather obvious. :)

4. MacBoy108 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

:)

Thanks, I am nervous I jut needed someone elses opinion I have anxiety issues. :) I will most likely go out with her and see how it goes, its just I barely know her so I don't know if we have stuff in common, but thats what dates are for right? ;)

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No no my dear boy! Dates are for impressing! Odd moments and strange conversations are there to determine compatibility! ;) :p

Seriously though, do not come off too strong on the first date. Get to know her personality first, and then figure out her particulars. You may not realize it, but personalities are far more important than hobbies/interests. :)

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

seriously dont stress. nothing is worse than forced convo and forced everything. you should have fun and have that be the only priority

dont do movies as you dont talk. in hs i found parks to be fun as well as just hanging out. if you have common friends hang with them and invite her. that way you can be yourself and not "choke" in a sense

the first "date" is everything. you only have one shot really with every girl

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

It's rare for these things to fall into people's laps, least of all self-descibed "nerds".

8. j3nsen macrumors member

Man, 5 or so years ago I was in your exact position. Average young kid in high school, not much confidence since you're new to the school and stuff. Then that girl comes along and flirts with you, shows interest, and it takes off from there. Trust me, a GORGEOUS girl who I though was way out of my league (actually she was dating one of my friends, we caught a ride home together leaving a party from a mutual friend and I ended up puking all over the back seat) ended up finding out my screen name, IM'ing me 3-4 months later, and we ended up dating for 2 years. Once you get into your first relationship or even realize girls are attracted to you your self-esteem will SKYROCKET. Trust me, go with it.

9. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Trust me, these people won't help you. The best advice anybody not knowing you at all is to listen to yourself.

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Didn't you end up ignoring our advice, and just stalling?

11. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

be yourself or so i think hell actually dont listen to me Listen to the other guys :D The girls that i want are always out of my reach not because there beautiful
    but half way across the globe and i love them lol go with it that whats life is all about have fun and enjoy it while it lasts its high what is there to lose eh :D

12. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

No I ended up doing it, but I've realised through various forums and personal advice threads that most people can't give you advice without knowing you or the situation.

13. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I always felt I hasn't good enough for people when I was younger. If you like her, go for it! All this "I'm not good enough" is in your head.

14. MacBoy108 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

thanks everyone, I will definetly be myself after all I am quite the nerd so she must like that or something. As for first date I was thinking the movies but then I would not get a chance to talk to her.

15. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

Dare I say it... Bowling is an option?

Let's consider: it's fun, you can talk while you're doing it, even if you don't play well you can laugh it off (it's just not that big of a deal).

Other favorites: miniature golf, hanging out in the park (any kind of casual sports can be fun, like frisbee or badminton).

That sort of thing lets you really talk to her, and it's laid-back.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do, and never think little of yourself - she's seeing something, so there must be something there. :)

16. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yeah! I approve of bowling! Great idea! Hopefully, neither of you suck at it. I've found two idiots at bowling playing together can be quite stressful.

17. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Just remember to be a gracious winner (or loser)! :D

18. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I went bowling with this girl yesterday. Had an excellent first game but a really shoddy second game. Then we played pool. I really liked her but it seems that she didn't favour me much. I'm all depressed now :p oh well I'll just sit in a corner and cut myself till the pain goes away..

19. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Good idea! Bowling or something active and physical. In my book this beats a movie for a date any day.

And yeah- every piece of advice on the interwebs probably needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Usually the best MacRumors dating advice comes in suppository form ...

21. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

If you are going to be nervous I think its a great idea, you can get to know her and have something to talk about it.

22. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Good luck my friend, hope it goes well. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

23. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

Minigolf is a good idea. That's always a laugh.

Sounds like she made the first move as well- which is always, always helpful. Go with the flow...

24. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Don't tell that to ghall...:eek::p

25. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Don't stress about it, from my experience high school relationships haven't worked out because there is too much emphasis put on it. If you want to call it a relationship then do it, if you don't then let it slide and see where things go. If you don't know her too well then you may find out you develop feelings for her by casually being with her by talking to her, going on "dates," or hanging out. The only way you'll find out is by taking a chance and just casually seeing where things go. Try not to worry so much.