Highlight different paragraphs in Snow Leopard?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by naelamer, Sep 29, 2009.

1. naelamer macrumors member

Hi,
    As I saw in snow leopard demonstrations that you can highlight paragraphs randomy in a page which are not joined together!! Now i have snow leopard but how to do that!!

Another question anyone know if there is an option such as "Mix" in windows sound recording properties!! So i could let a friend hear my music through my sound card and not through my mic!!

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It depends on the application. In TextEdit and Pages (probably the rest of iWork, too), hold down the CMD while selecting noncontiguous text.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sound card" and "mic". Depending (again) on the application, you can independently select different input and output devices. To quickly switch the system default, hold down the "opt" while clicking on the "sound" menubar icon.

There's a simple app called "LineIn" which will pipe audio from one device to another (for example, from an external USB input to the built-in line-out or to USB speakers)

There is a way to create aggregate audio devices using Audio MIDI Setup (and change sample rates, etc). But, the use of those devices is up to the application.

Btw: I know you're excited about Snow Leopard and all, but you don't really need all the double "!"s (or single, for that matter). Or do you?? ;)

3. naelamer thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the prompt reply gr8 :apple: its not a matter of being interested to be honest im trying to find the basic options i miss from windows :rolleyes:

Let me explain what i mean about the Sound Mix, for example, if you choose enable that option in windows sound properties, and ur making a conversation in msn, yahoo or paltalk, if you play music while your talking to a friend then he could listen to ur music but not through the mic, its kind of like hes playing the music at his pc or laptop. There is another option called "What you Hear" similar to "Mix" in windows as well. He can listen to any audio click you make. (not through ur mic) its like from soundcard to soundcard.

4. raygungirl macrumors member

raygungirl

I'm a total noob when it comes to Macs, but I thought I'd heard that audio plays differently through Macs than PCs and so that sort of thing isn't possible. But I'm not sure if that's true. Can anyone verify this?