Hilarious - BBC picks up cabbie to talk about Apple vs. Apple

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Absolutely brilliantly hilarious!

Guy Kewney - a white, bearded technology expert - was astonished to see himself appear on screen as a black man with an apparent French accent. He was even more shocked to see himself unable to answer basic questions about the legal battle between the Beatles' Apple Corps and Apple Computer over the use of an apple symbol.

Mr Kewney, an IT journalist and founder of newswireless.net, watched as the cabbie, who has not been named, gamely attempted to answer questions fired at him by BBC consumer affairs correspondent Karen Bowerman.

The man, who had been waiting for his fare in the reception of Television Centre, found himself being ushered into a studio and fitted with a microphone after raising his hand when a producer called out the name Guy Kewney.
Article.

Make sure you watch the linked video!

irmongoose

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
I love the look of horror on his face when she says his name. But he still answers the questions regardless. Those cabbies enjoy a chinwag don't they.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Well that has really reassured me as to the quality of the BBC's rolling news. I understand that rolling news is difficult, but they really do clutch at straws sometimes. I watch News 24 quite often and I'm sure that if I'd seen this live I'd have absolutely wet myself :D

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
thanks for posting that link irmongoose that was really funny. maybe because Guy is a French name as well they thought they had the right man.

"A big surprise, yeah, yes." brilliant.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
That look of horror is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I still can't stop laughing about it.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I love that clip so much. That guy deserves to never work again for giving the internet so much joy. I'd love to know his thought process from that look on his face to the second he decides to not say anything and just wing it.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Brilliant! That look of horror on his face is priceless! But then he just bites his lip and goes along with it. hahahahaha.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Absolutely wonderful (and beautiful).

What I love is how this wonder of just "being where we are" emerges through him. We can all identify with his "oh crap!" moment, but we can equally identify with his wonder at a world that has carried him to the ever familiar strangeness of "where I am."

And like all of us, somewhat confused and embarassed, he looks around, gathers himself and starts answering the questions before him ...

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
That's pretty funny, He was all like :eek: Hah, I don't think I could've winged it like he did.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
OK. You owe me a new keyboard, since you've now made me spew coffee all over my current one. Oh, my GOD, that was hillarious! That expression on his face when he is introduced was so painfully funny.

I had a hard time with his accent, but it seemed he did a somewhat OK job answering the questions, but then I read the transcript of the interview, and barely anything he said made any since at all. That was friggin awesome!

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
kgarner said:
That look of horror is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I still can't stop laughing about it.
:D

Same here. That look of "Oh dear god, they're serious...let's see if I can BS my way through this...".

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Brilliant. Let's have more of this. Instead of interviewing 'experts' on the matters of the day let's just pick people at random.