Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanologist

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
I weep for ya!

Take it from me... You just got the most expensive gift a guy could get! Stay tuned. I've seen the movie and it doesn't end well should you want to leave the sweety. GUILT was attached to my Rolex!

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Sure didn't work for me. My ex had no qualms about leaving me after buying her a $1,000 stereo system.

I suppose you could say that she stayed with me for that additional year because of it :D, but I think that's a pretty low ROI...

Lesson learned: Never accept extravagant gifts... nor give them unless you're sure it's the one!

sk8ordie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
California
The MacBook is so awesome! Cant wait to get off this work PC and back to my Mac and lady!

However, Im not havint the best results with the Touch WiFi - It worked at home with the Netgear router however I havent been able to connect to any other networks away from home. I need to research that (any help welcome also).

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
awesome. she's a keeper to say the least.

but the best part - expectations are set now. now, you can buy her the macbook pro for HER birthday (17") then you use it so much, all the while letting HER use your macbook. she'll grow to love the size and functionality, being able to port it around and then you have a new macbook pro to use.

that, my friends, is upgrade sense ;)

oh, and this is after the ring.

cheers,
keebler

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
The MacBook is so awesome! Cant wait to get off this work PC and back to my Mac and lady!

However, Im not havint the best results with the Touch WiFi - It worked at home with the Netgear router however I havent been able to connect to any other networks away from home. I need to research that (any help welcome also).

First off, w00t NETGEAR! (I am sitting in the L2 call center right now :)) lol

Secondly, you are a lucky son of a gun!

FuuFuu

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Roselle
oh no, you should have rejected it. that means she's saying "now give me my ****ing diamond ring."

sk8ordie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
California
Marry her.

Now.

Other advice? Marry her if you've been together long enough.

you should give her a ring in return..its only fair. if you cant then give the stuff back...

wow...
ditto what everyone else says!

Marry that woman!

Yep. Don't count your chickens...this is her way of saying that a proposal is long overdue.

Fully charge then use with Power Adaptor for 2 hours. Remove Power Adaptor and drain until it gives you a warning then keep playing til the screen forces into 'Sleep Mode' shut the lid (Sleep light should pulsate for a few hours) and wait 5 hours then plug in. DO NOT turn on until light is green for a FULL CHARGE.

Refuse the gift!! Its a trap!! Its not worth the 50 years of misery!!

thats quite amazing:]
are you planning on proposing?

Is she hot?

If so then marry her.

awesome. she's a keeper to say the least.

but the best part - expectations are set now. now, you can buy her the macbook pro for HER birthday (17") then you use it so much, all the while letting HER use your macbook. she'll grow to love the size and functionality, being able to port it around and then you have a new macbook pro to use.

that, my friends, is upgrade sense ;)

oh, and this is after the ring.

cheers,
keebler

oh no, you should have rejected it. that means she's saying "now give me my ****ing diamond ring."

I 'll tell you the same thing my Father told me when my then "girl" did something similar, he said "marry her":eek:, I did, that was 38 happy years ago. Women like that come around ONCE in a life time;)

hmmmm.........Is there some kind of message here, Im just not getting it - what are you guys trying to say :confused:

:p

urbanologist

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
In all honesty...

This type of woman... If she is not playing a mind game, is VERY, VERY rare!! She's a keeper, especially if this was not digging her into more credit card debt. Enjoy her and step up your game. My wife retired from her Federal gig in January and bought both of us MacBooks with her payout loot. She's too cool and a seriously fine lady to boot!

themightyspitz

macrumors regular
May 16, 2007
Baltimore, MD
The girl bought you a macbook and a touch. It's so rare to find a woman that embraces the inner geek of us guys, that when you find one, you need to hold onto her.

Marry her for great justice and epic win.

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
Sweet! My wife gets me hooked on Apple gear, but makes me buy it all myself... ;)

(But to be practical for a moment: this is a great, generous, and thoughtful gift. Unless your girlfriend can't actually afford it and bought it on credit. Then it's a boat anchor, and the behavior will cause you a lot of grief if it's not sorted out before your hypothetical marriage :) )

asphyxiafeeling

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Cali baby!
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.