Home Screen Unreachable?!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dammit Cubs, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Hey guys,

Found a new errors that I can't find on here. I think it might have to do with bitesms or lockinfo. One of the two is causing something. ....maybe reminder.

What happens is something during my iphone 4 jailbroken experience, I get a text message or notification. I have a reminder app that puts icons on the top of the status bar to indicate I have some notification. But when i press the home button. NOTHING HAPPENS. I press it again. NOTHING HAPPENS. So I try double pressing to get the taskbar and that works. I'm able to move from app to app but not to the home screen.

One solution: I restarted the phone (thats not really a solution, just like drinking isn't a solution to your problems).

second solution: during a bitesms or standard sms text (i can't tell because i went from popup on locked screen directly to the app..(probably bitesms)), about halfway through the status bar finishing sending my text, i press the home button and then I'm free from the jail of not ever reaching the home screen.

It's super wierd. Has anyone noticed this?

Someother things that may help. I have lockinfo on the phone, but I haven't had time to set up my CC to pay through cydia and my trial has ended.

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

you dont happen to have activator installed do you? Lockinfo comes with activator as a requirement, and it has been causing some issue related to turning my phone on and off and back on repeatedly. Please check my thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984558

This might not be the same issue you are having but it could be the same app thats causing it. Try uninstalling activator but you will lose lockinfo and any app dependant on it. Also try uninstalling that app you refered to as " reminder app that puts icons on the top of the status bar to indicate I have some notification" That might be the cause. I'm pretty sure its one of those two.

Thanks
    AE