Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelson1457

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Got iTunes Match early last week, and after setting it up I can request music from my HomePod.However, about two to four times per day the HomePod loses sync with the Library. I request a particular song or artist, the HomePod Siri says she'll start playing it, but there's no music. Once this occurs, no music is played from the Library until a restart of the HomePod.

I'm working with a Senior Apple Tech on this problem, when we get it figured out I'll post what happened.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

nelson1457

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
I've been working with a senior tech on this issue, we've determined it's a server side issue as the songs also won't play from a MacBook Pro user that is logged into the iCloud Music Library. The issue has been passed up to the engineers, who hopefully will have some news for me early next week.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Keep us updated...I have this issue with a LOT of songs on my HomePod and (to a lesser extent) with songs on my iPhone and iTunes. Some just refuse to play at all. Luckily, I have Apple Music, so I have been deleting these songs and adding the Apple Music version of them and that works, but that is obviously very wrong!

nelson1457

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Just talked to my Apple Sr. Tech. No news yet, the engineers are still working on it.

He did say that I'm not an isolated case, others are having this problem.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
As a developer, I can't believe this was never seen during the extended testing period of the HomePod...seems like it is fairly common unless every single music track you have is from Apple Music.

nelson1457

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Just upgraded to HomePodOS 11.3 (or whatever you want to call it.) We'll see.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
The 11.3 upgrade has fixed my issues. I no longer see many songs skipping or failing to play. The easiest way to have seen the problem was to snuffle all songs on the HomePod, then open up the HomePod controls in control center and start skipping songs once they start to play. You'd often see HomePod sniping 3-4 songs in a row all by itself as it couldn't play them. This is no longer the case with 11.3. Very happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.