Honest mistake by Att...what should i do now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalduck, Jul 22, 2010.

1. digitalduck macrumors regular

Ok i placed and order for an addtl Iphone 4 line like two weeks ago....realizinging that even selling the iphone 4 that my friend dropped like 6 inches and scuffed it up a little bit on side (nothign much really) woudlnt work because if i transfered my sim card over to new phone and then sold my phone i would be left with two data plans and not just one unless i cancel my line in which case selling my phone woudlnt help much because id be paying 350 for the cancellation....plus id loose number so i canceled it.

anyway looks like they sent it anyway even though I cancelled it like a week and a half ago.... so now im wondering if i should still sell mine and start fresh with this one or not.

so basically either take new one back to att or sell mine and use this one... but what charges will i incur... so it would be 350 for cancellation, plus no activation but a few other charges here nad there...

2. satirev macrumors 6502

Why don't you try using correct grammar and sentencer structure first. then maybe post again!

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Can't you remove the data plan on the second line so long as the sim isn't in an iPhone?

4. mysticalone macrumors newbie

girls usually are incapable of forming proper sentences. day bleave in shrt txt wrd5

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Irony.

But, I get what you mean. It's hard to help someone when you can't understand what they are saying.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good job, American school system.

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok Yes, Please repeat this in English so I may follow along?

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Hey Duck, I have a fam plan with 2 lines, when the 3GS came out I upgraded on the line that was open for upgrade (its my wifes(X) dumb phone line) So I got the 3gs called ATT told them I used the upgrade to get the phone, but I was going to use it on my line with a data plan, so once they switched the phone to my line, switched the dumb phone and sim back to the other line, I was able to cancel her data plan on line 2, because I did have a data plan on the line 1 with the new 3GS. (whew, that was a long sentence)

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Sentencer isn't a word. "Then maybe post again!" is an incomplete sentence and you failed to capitalize the first word of your sentence. Oh, and you're rude.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why don't you not worry about other people's grammar and focus more on yours :rolleyes:

Besides, we're on a tech forum, not an English grammar forum. Its ok, for the OP not use perfect grammar. Heck you did being a grammar nazi.

To the OP, if AT&T sent you a phone that they should not have, then you should do the honest thing and return it.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

lolz

Oh the irony.

12. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

The OP was easy enough to read and understand.

13. satirev macrumors 6502

no, he wasn't. what i pointed out was completely necessary. what wasnt necessary were the people pointing out that i spelled "sentence" wrong.

14. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, plus im at work and trying to talk to clients and post at same time :)

And yes ill most likely return it due to the hassle, but it was a phone i initially did order ..but then canceled so, its a fine line... just kidding

15. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I don't know. I can't figure out exactly what the problem was, other than AT&T sending a phone anyway after the order was canceled.

16. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Eh, some people just adopt a different set of standards for posting on the web. Especially if they are in a bit of a hurry, like the OP apparently was.

At least the OP didn't dvolve in2 txt spk. People who do that on forums make me want to reach through, grasp their neck, and repeatedly bang their head on their monitor.

... At least the guy spelled "grammar" correctly?

17. bobab8ey macrumors member

Grammar and spelling and punctuation and witty response fail. LOL!

18. dave420 macrumors 65816

This part isn't true. If you are no longer using the iPhone you can take the data plan off. It will be added back automatically if you use it again though. Of course you still have to pay the monthly fee (probably 9.99 per month + taxes)

19. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Rarely do I play grammar police, however as someone stated, it's very difficult to answer a question you cannot decipher.

Blonde Buddhist

20. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

Oh too funny. Don't try this again cause you'll fail Mr. Sentencer Dude.

21. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

What the heck did you just say?

22. satirev macrumors 6502

ok mister bsuh.

23. Starrbuck macrumors regular

Obama voters. ;)

24. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

LOL...ok, let me try again... i have 3 lines.

Iphone 4 for myself
    wifes dormant line which is cheaper to leave open then cancel
    wifes new iphone 4 line
    new phone i orderd and cancelled but was still send two weeks later.

I was going to use the new phone, sell my oriignal phone, transfer sim card over and use new phone due to my friend dropping it on cement which only resulted in a coule small like 2cm scratches on back and scuffs on the side

However if i do that i would be left wiht data plan one original phone, plus wifes data plan and my new data plan....thats what i dont want to do. I ordered the phone ligitamelty to beign wiht, att just sent it anyway so might as well use it.

If i transfer sim card over, can I just remove data plan as dave420 said? I thougth they woudlnt allow you to do that?

Anyway, I hope that helps.. andis more clear. lol