Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
The iPhone 4 is an abomination to hold sans case. So insanely slippery and awkward to hold up against your ear due to the flat backing.

But I see where the OP is going with his. If I drop my phone and shatter the front or back (or break my phone entirely), I have to give Apple more of my money. And that in a sense is my way of saying thanks to Steve.

In all seriousness I'm so sad about Steve's passing. And I will never us my iPhone 4 without a case.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
To honor the memory of Steve Jobs, remove your cases from your iPhones today and show the world that you have an Apple product.

Use your iPhone naked the whole day today, or even part of the day!

-VF

I would like nothing better than to use my iPhone 4... All Day, Every Day without a case.

In the past I have NEVER - EVER covered my much loved iPhones with cases.

However Mr. Jobs authorized an Antenna that will _not work_ unless I cover the bloody thing with a case.

Worse, I DO NOT USE THE DEATH GRIP.... therefore this phone should do it's job properly.

Sadly, I will remember how this man so condescendingly insulted us by saying "You're Holding it Wrong"

Remember He said it... I didn't... !

So do NOT bother sending hate mail this way fanbois, it'll be the biggest waste of your time ever. :apple:

innovative

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
This is so ironic. The day before Steve had been announced dead, I randomly took off my iPhone 4's case and did not place it back on. The instinct literally came out of no-where.

Not to mention two days before his death I was in the Apple store with a couple of friends and I felt so un-easy.

This is all so peculiar. ._.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
The difference between Jobs and the rest of us.
He drops/scratches it, he could snap his fingers and get a replacement within seconds.
I'll keep my case on and honor him.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
best to go completely naked...only for a day or afternoon, evening.

Just enjoy the phone as designed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.