Hopefully this isn't too serious...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by violetgoose, Apr 9, 2011.

1. violetgoose macrumors member

violetgoose

Sometimes my iPhone 3G's "End Call" button would NOT work, or it would, but I would have to press it hard a few times on some calls, and it would work perfectly w/out any issues on other calls. This does not make any sense to me! And on top of that, when I want to hang up sometimes, the screen would go black and I would have to press the "Home" button to go back to the screen and then I'd get the "Touch anywhere to continue the call" message (when it's kinda green on the background) so I would touch the screen.. sometimes once, sometimes multiple times, to really end the call. By then I am sure the person on the other line's voicemail would probably get a long silence since I have been so damn busy trying to figure out how to end the freakin' call at least one minute ago!! SO FRUSTRATED. :confused:

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Are you using a 3G or 3GS (sorry, can't tell from the OP)
    What iOS version are you using?
    Have you tried restoring?

3. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

3G.

iOS 3.1.3. Yes I have tried restoring but it takes away the unlock and jailbreak. I tried to restore it to iOS4 several weeks ago and had lots of trouble w/ it and don't want to go through that again - it was a nightmare!

4. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

BUMP. It's really weird, bc it happens half the time. I hope this has nothing to do w. the software update, bc I really can't upgrade it. Just a minute ago, I got an incoming text when I was leaving a voice message, and when I went to press "Close" (for the text msg), it just blacked out and I had to press the Home button a few times before ending the call and closing the text. So strange. This is really starting to bug me, bc I've realized it's when I leave a voice message that does this. If anyone has any suggestions, don't hesitate to PM me!

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

6. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

Not good!! Well, I think I can get this fixed at my local cell phone repair store right? (Instead of getting a completely new phone)

7. Insomnihax macrumors newbie

If you aren't tech savvy I would have someone else repair it to prevent further damage. I find it easy to replace the Glass / Digitizer combo but that's just me. Everyone has a different level of expertise when it comes down to it. Check out a few youtube videos on the subject and see if you are up for the job. Parts are plenty available over amazon / ebay / etc...