Hoping to get a replacement iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simm0nS777, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm gonna head to an Apple Store anyway in the next week or so when I have time, but I figured I'd get some opinions before I went. I badly want a replacement (refurbished I'm sure, but I don't care) iPhone 5 due to several small issues with my current iPhone 5 but I'm worried they may be too small/unable to prove on spot to get one. Here are the list of problems I have:

-The gyroscope doesn't work sometimes: A few times a week I'll go to turn my iPhone to view a picture or a webpage in landscape mode and it won't do anything. I'll have to do it 5 or 6 times sometimes to finally get it to rotate.

-The screen will automatically dim to the lowest brightness: Again only happens probably 3 times a week but when it happens I have to go into settings and move to brightness bar to get to full brightness again (yes I have auto brightness off)

-Scratches!!! Aside from the minor scratches on the body of the phone, I've had a ton of hairline scratches on the screen of this iPhone 5. There's like 8 of them. This really bothers me because I pretty much baby my phone. It's in my work dress pants all day and pretty much sits on the couch when I get home from work. Never dropped it or put it in the same pocket as anything else, let alone my keys. I've also never had a noticeable scratch on the past 3 iPhones I've had (3GS, 4, 4S).

Now all of these are pretty minor and chances are I won't be able to prove the first two on the spot at the Apple Store as they happen pretty much randomly.

What do you think my chances are of getting a replacement. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks everyone!!!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Unless there is a good reason, those small things aren't enough to warrant a replacement.

3. raam89 macrumors member

-

4. chrscap macrumors regular

find any extra loose buttons and go in for an appointment. Tell them its a really annoying rattle because you work in a quiet environment. If your buttons can be moved side-to-side, then you can maybe pass. Play dumb.

I thought mine had a loose power button and found out they all have a "cap" so they wont stick to the body of the phone, says the genius.

Give it a try.

5. Baggio macrumors 6502

Sounds like you either need to do hard reset on the phone or restore of the iOS to fix your problems. Scratches are wear and tear. I would think that AppleCare+ would only cover that issue.

6. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

The dim screen happens about once a week on my iPhone 4S and mini so I'm thinking it is an IOS bug. Maybe doesn't effect everybody but it is real to me. Haven't done anything about it. Will soon have 5s and mini 2 so I don't dwell on it.