House, Season 6

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
New season starts tonight. When we last saw Dr House he was walking into the insane asylum. Can't wait to see how they play up his insanity more so.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I'm definitely going to watch it, but the episodes have gotten fairly formulaic. If it wasn't for houses witty remarks (and Olivia Wilde and Jennifer Morrison) I'd probably not watch it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think they might have changed the show up just enough to keep it fresh. But who knows.

(and Olivia Wilde and Jennifer Morrison) Don't forget Cutty.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This may just be just for the first episode but the only returning cast member besides Hugh Laurie is Robert Sean Leonard.

noaccess

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
This might be slightly off-topic, but I'd like to ask a question: if I stopped watching House a few episodes into the last season, will I be able to make any sense of season 6?

Either if it will be easy enough to figure out from here (episode 1, season 6), or if it will be a drastic enough departure from the past, that I wouldn't even need to figure out anything.

Thanks.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
This may just be just for the first episode but the only returning cast member besides Hugh Laurie is Robert Sean Leonard.
Others have been signed on.

This might be slightly off-topic, but I'd like to ask a question: if I stopped watching House a few episodes into the last season, will I be able to make any sense of season 6?

Either if it will be easy enough to figure out from here (episode 1, season 6), or if it will be a drastic enough departure from the past, that I wouldn't even need to figure out anything.

Thanks.
You are going to need to watch last season.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This season is starting off fresh. You don't really need the full back story.

noaccess

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
Okay then, I've decided I'll try to watch this episode first, and if I then decide I need to, I'll rewatch season 5.

Thanks guys :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This season is going to dive deep into who House is and how he turned into what he was. If you are expecting the old formula of a House episode you won't get it.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Wow, great episode. It's a total breath of fresh air from the previous 5 seasons.

Sadly, it seems as though they're going to be going back to the old style of episodes now according the previews for the rest of the episodes.

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
Definitely a great episode. I hope they find a way to bring Andre Braugher back. He has got to be the best actor ever.

mt

P.S. God, I miss HLOTS.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Good ep. Thought this season was gonna be all in the asylum.:confused: Either way, glad the show's back. The writers usually doing a good job of keep ing the show fresh, it's really a character based show anyway, the medical stuff is just there on the side. BTW, I bet his first diagnosis this season is a stomach tumor.:D Anybody else got a guess?

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Good ep. Thought this season was gonna be all in the asylum.:confused: Either way, glad the show's back. The writers usually doing a good job of keep ing the show fresh, it's really a character based show anyway, the medical stuff is just there on the side. BTW, I bet his first diagnosis this season is a stomach tumor.:D Anybody else got a guess?
" I Quit" Syndrome. :D ;)

dr buckaroo

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
empty "House" in my house

Currently I dont have cable (too much of a distraction as I return to school) and I'm looking to download some if not all the seasons of House in a safe manner. any suggestions out there???

the last season was great with good ole Greg checking in to the loonybin...where to from here? conjugal visits from Cuddy? heheh