iPhone 11 Pro Houston Area - iPhone 11 Pro Pre-Order Thread

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
First and foremost, hoping everyone in the Houston area is safe and staying dry with all the rain / flooding we are having today.

I’m starting to think that our pre-orders will likely not arrive tomorrow due to the weather conditions. Obviously, not the end of the world as everyone’s safety is the priority, but I am curious if anyone is planning to pick up their orders from a UPS sort facility instead of having it delivered? I know my UPS deliveries usually don’t come until 6:30-7:00pm.

If so, how does this work and is anyone considering it?

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I'm in Sugar Land and plan on picking my phone at at First Colony Mall tomorrow. I have a pick up time of 8:00 to 8:30am. Assuming things don't get worse I will get it. If not hopefully they can hold it till I can make it later in the day or the next day.

pudcraft

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Houston
I was advised that tomorrow's plans have not changed in the Houston area, however, I do encourage reaching out tonight for an update. Be safe!!!

Reactions: sam2428

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm in Sugar Land and plan on picking my phone at at First Colony Mall tomorrow. I have a pick up time of 8:00 to 8:30am. Assuming things don't get worse I will get it. If not hopefully they can hold it till I can make it later in the day or the next day.
I've been told by Apple staff they hold your phone for 14 days, so should be no problem to get it later in the day or anytime over the next few weeks.

meetryancito

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Mine had the Import Scan in Louisville today. I'm confident that UPS will stay on schedule. I've been watching news coverage and the UPS trucks have been blowing right on through the floods, lol.

Reactions: sam2428

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Everything seems to be ok so far in the Spring/Woodlands area, so unless something drastic happens, I'm still on track to pick up my iPhone 11 Pro Max tomorrow afternoon.

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I have in store pick up and have been stuck in traffic trying to get home for more than 2 hours now. Live in heights, but work in Katy. 😩 Hopefully today is the worst of it?

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I’m curious as this as well. I was reading on chron.con that IAH is closed until tomorrow @ 1pm. If that’s the case I would imagine the iPhones won’t be arriving from Louisville later today?
- - Post merged: - -

I have in store pick up and have been stuck in traffic trying to get home for more than 2 hours now. Live in heights, but work in Katy. 😩 Hopefully today is the worst of it?
I am watching the news now (KHOU) and they said this should be the worse. Something about the heat pushing the storm away

Reactions: Appleloves22

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm in Cypress rain is slowed down and no major flooding for us. My phone departed Louisville this morning, but yea...not sure how incoming planes are effected.

I guess we'll find out what happens tomorrow.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I've been told by Apple staff they hold your phone for 14 days, so should be no problem to get it later in the day or anytime over the next few weeks.
Good to know. I think I can make it assuming they even get the phones in now. I didn't consider that till seeing another comment. Storm is hopefully moving on past where I am for now.

I’m curious as this as well. I was reading on chron.con that IAH is closed until tomorrow @ 1pm. If that’s the case I would imagine the iPhones won’t be arriving from Louisville later today?
I didn't even think about the airport being closed. Since I'm doing store pick up maybe they got theirs in sooner, but I doubt it.

I would like to get it tomorrow but at the end over the day I know plenty of people dealing with way bigger problems than a phone pickup/delivery.

ncbetz

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2016
Magnolia, Texas
I am in Tomball/Magnolia area... rain has not been bad here at all. However, according to UPS, my zip is affected. Is it too late to schedule for pickup?

* I know this is the least important thing with homes flooding. I hope to not sound insensitive.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I am in Tomball/Magnolia area... rain has not been bad here at all. However, according to UPS, my zip is affected. Is it too late to schedule for pickup?

* I know this is the least important thing with homes flooding. I hope to not sound insensitive.
It’s not too late...just make sure you choose a CC-UPS to avoid any delays

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
Yeah, I have one phone that went to San Antonio, probably truck it into town overnight. I have another phone and watch still in Louisville. Actually think phone in San Antonio has better chance then the ones still in Louisville, but that flight usually lands in Houston around 2:30 am.

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I just checked my ups and it departed Louisville but just received a scan in San Antonio. Not looking like I’ll get it tomorrow.
Maybe you will! Because IAH is closed until the afternoon, maybe they’re trucking it in. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: sigomez

meetryancito

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Mine is still showing in Louisville. But based on flight data, I think we're gonna be fine.

(SDF) Louisville Muhammad Ali Intl - (IAH) Houston Bush Int'ctl
AirlineIdentAircraftStatusDepartureArrival
United Parcel ServiceUPS774MD11Scheduled (in 6 hours 19 minutes)Fri 04:26AM EDT05:30AM CDT Fri
United Parcel ServiceUPS772A306Scheduled (in 5 hours 3 minutes)Fri 03:10AM EDT04:12AM CDT Fri

ncbetz

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2016
Magnolia, Texas
Mine is in SA as well. Promising but I am completely fine with not getting iPhone tomorrow.

Ordered because my X’s display is failing... excited for the new device but not waiting-at-the-front-door excited.