How are the iPhones Now??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krUnIzZlE, Sep 3, 2010.

1. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

I have been keepin tabs on the problems the iphones are having. And, i havent heard that many rants. Have the problems been solved??? Because i want to bring the iphone overseas to use and im not sure if all the problems are solved or whats happenning. Can anyone give me some light?:confused::confused:

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

No, nothings changed.

I've had to exchange mine several times for what the genius bar has confirmed as serious faults. The "solution" each time has been to replace the phone. Oh, and to cover up the new one with a case so the antenna will work properly. I hate to be stuck covering up such a nice looking phone. Not to mention I don't have to do that with my Droid X, Samsung Captivate, or N1 Android Phones. Nor do I have to cover up my BlackBerry Bold. But oh well, if Steve Demands it... we have no choice.

The good news is, as a seasoned Apple customer I knew enough to buy AppleCare so that once out of the initial warranty I have additional coverage. But enough talk about the facts.

Let's get to the entertainment, as I always enjoy a good laugh.

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Steve Jobs has waved his magic wand (again), and told everyone who'll listen, there's no problem. So there you have it. ... :)

3. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

So... Looks like im going for the Nokia N8/N9 now then..... Sad... i really wanted the iphone but not in this kind of way.

4. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I have not had 1 single issue with mine. Sure I can get it to drop the signal if I really try, but I don't hold my phone that way. Other then the possibility of the signal going down, my phone is perfect. wirelessmacuser is just trying to push android. Go to the at&t store and see which on you like best

5. shandyman Suspended

well i got my iPhone 4 just over a month ago, i have no antenna issues, i had the proximity problem, but fixed it with 'reset network settings' and have had no issues since, it's the best phone i've ever had, couldn't be more happier, and with wireless printing, airplay coming in november, game center kicking off next week, HDR photos with 4.1, i'm glad i went for the iPhone 4.

6. shandyman Suspended

yea it always amuses me with his bitter posts claiming that people are blinded by the love of Steve, dude needs to get on prozac or something lol

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

lol @ nokia

why dont you just go android?

you really like symbian?

8. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I'm a case and screen protector guy, so the antenna thing doesn't bother me. Otherwise, everything else about the phone (week 30) is perfect -- no prox sensor issues, no camera probs, no yellow dot on screen, etc. But if I take the case off, and intentionally try the one finger of death, the bars do go down. Caveat emptor, but I love my iP4.

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yes unfortunately Apple really blew it this time. As a true Apple enthusiast, I'm very disappointed. My prior iPhone 3Gs was the best iPhone thus far when it comes to quality, phone performance and providing a great user experience. As a result I made the stupid mistake of trusting Apple. So I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 in good faith, only to get shortchanged.

Never one to look back, I'm simply living with this one, and reporting my experience here. Apple does monitor customer feedback therefore it's worthwhile to post ones real world experience. With some luck, perhaps Apple will take responsibility and develop, test, and debug the next new iPhone before releasing it in the market place.

First and foremost I prefer having an iPhone to pair with my new Core i7 15" MacBook Pro.
    (my twelfth PowerBook/MacBook Pro in ten yrs.)

10. iRance macrumors regular

Nothing really.Just got my iPhone 4, three days ago and it does have the antenna issue.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Honestly, the only person who will know for sure whether you will have a good or bad experience with the iphone 4 is you. There's a 30-day trial, so it would make sense to try it for yourself. Since statistically, people overwhelmingly choose to keep their iPhone 4's rather than return them, it would stand to reason that there's a good chance you'll be happy.

Or, you could treat the word of a single troll as gospel. It's entirely up to you.

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

13. wakemac macrumors member

Bought my iPhone 4 last week after having a 1st gen and a 3G. So far I have had no issues. I have always been a case and screen protector person, so I was not worried about the antenna problem. I can make the signal drop with the death grip, but to this point have not dropped a call even if I try. Have not had the proximity issue. As others have already said, I would look at the opinion of the many, not the opinion of the few.

14. vachargerfan macrumors regular

And???? Every other post from you has been Android this...Android that. How the iphone sucks...you have returned 4 of them, don't buy the iPhone etc. Either that or you have by far the worst luck with electronics ever considering that every phone you have gotten is a lemon. I am on my first, and have not run into any of the issues you have

15. Stormspeed macrumors member

BS, this person claims to have like 4 phones including an iphone. Do not listen to him. He sounds jaded, will only give you his biased opinion, and that Steve Jobs is the devil himself. It's unfortunate we have to listen to his BS on this forum.

You will find most iphone users here have not had any problems. If you don't like it return it, and get one of them "other phones".

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Got mine yesterday and its great. Jump in - the water's fine!!

17. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Every phone has its issues but wirelessmacuser is just being a Troll. The iPhone antenna issue is waaaay over blown. I honestly have not had 1 sign issue with the antenna since I bought it. Also I haven't had the prox issue at all. Best way to tell is to try it out man. You get 30 days to return it so if you don't like it take it back.

18. Lunarnova macrumors newbie

The iPhone 4 is my first experience with both Apple and AT&T. I came over from T-Mobile and was happy with their service except for the fact that I could not get a signal where I work.

I preordered the IP4 and recieved a week 22 phone on launch day and have been lucky and have had no problems with it. I can get the signal to drop if i squeeze VERY hard, but even then it will not drop past a couple of bars with or without a case. Proximity sensor issues have been non-existant also.

However, a friend of mine has had issues with the prox sensor and some call issues/drops. I do not know what week phone he has, but he got it the day before launch.

I couldn't be more happy with my experience so far and switching to AT&T did help my signal issues at work, but for every happy customer like me, you will have unhappy ones as well.

I think like all things consumers buy, you just will have to try it out for yourself.

19. Marconelly macrumors 6502

Marconelly

Do you, or anyone else, know - when you order the phone from Apple online store, and it takes them 2-3 weeks just to ship it (like it is in Canada), when does the 30 day trial period start? When you place an order, when they ship it to you, or when you sign that you've received it?

20. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

amen brother!

21. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

wow, so i guess so far everyone is having a good thing to say about the iphone. ill get one in the middle of october. so that way if any "fix" is suppose to be done, then it should be in the new batches..........

22. darkside flow macrumors 6502

I've never had a dropped call, antenna issue or proximity sensor issue on my iPhone 4. Have owned it for a month now. I'm in Toronto.

In fact, I never had any dropped calls or signal issues on my iPhone 3G either.

It's all based on your personal experience. Suffice to say that the issue has been blown out of proportion, but it is a real problem for some.

23. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I was really hesitant of getting the phone because of the horror stories, but you are correct. It is way over blown

24. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

It all depends on your location. I bought my iPhone 4 before I moved. It was seriously unusuable then. Since I have moved to the other side of town, it works absolutely perfect.

25. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

why don't you buy an iPhone now and test it out for 30 days, and if you don't like it, return it. Theirs no point in waiting for this "Fix" that people think is coming. The design is set and Apple has moved on to perfecting next years iPhone model.