How Are You Enjoying Your White iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eleer, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Eleer, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

Eleer macrumors newbie

Eleer

Hey guys, about to make my purchase with the iPhone 4S--very excited. I am still undecided on what color, though I am slightly leaning toward white because it is different. On the other hand, black is sleek looking and seems to be the more "safe" choice as it seems that you can't go wrong with the great black look on the phone.

I need some opinions, though. How are you liking your white iPhone? Glad you went with it, or wish you could go back to black?

Lastly, yes, I know it is ridiculous to have such a hard time on deciding between a white and black phone that I make a thread on MacRumors. If I'm going to be looking at it for 2 years and forking out $300 for a phone, then maybe this will give my ridiculous thread an ounce of justice.

P.S. This isn't another "is white girly" thread. This is a question solely based to consumers with white iPhones. Are you enjoying the color or wish you would've went with black?

2. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

3. njgeek macrumors regular

I had a white 3GS (named Stormtrooper) then a black 4. I'm very happy to be back to white on the 4S (Stormtrooper ][). And it looks smashing in my Graft Concepts Leverage case with Lucky Labs curly maple skin.

EDIT: Removed the sideways pics

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Get black. It's classic. sharp, serious looking and just plain better looking!

5. IGotuBagged macrumors member

Had the black 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4. Decided to go white this time for a change and I think it's awesome....If you've only had black iPhones I deff recommend trying the white....don't listen to childish comments saying white is for girls because I guarantee those same guys wear white clothing and such.

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

The one great thing about white is that it shows almost no fingerprints or smudges. I have the 32GB model and I love it but I think I'll get a black iPhone 5 when it's released.

I will say this, indoors under soft incandescent light it doesn't look the true white that it is. When you go outside either in bright sun or clouds the color pops. Looks awesome. But I still don't think it's as bright white as the picture on Apple.com.

I would recommend you go to an Apple store so you can see it up close if you can.

I have to admit one more thing. I had to go to the Apple store last week and when I compared my phone to the black phones I was glad I did get the white. I wasn't so sure before that.

7. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I had a black iPhone 4, traded it for a HTC Inspire for awhile. When I came back to iPhone I got a white. Honestly, I'd rather have a black one. I can't find a case I like on it at all, and really to me the black was much nicer looking. I'll be getting a black 5 definitely.

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I love my white 64. I had originally pre-ordered a white iPhone 4, but those didn't make launch. After having a black iPhone 4 for roughly 16 months, I had to try the white and I'm glad I did.

9. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I went for white because my two previous iPhones were black. The 3GS (to me) looks silly with a white back and black front and the iPhone 4 was only in black when I got mine.

White looks clean and 'fresh', while taking me back to my 2nd gen iPod days. :cool: I've noticed, however, that in bright light and sunlight the white body detracts a bit from the display, almost making it appear darker.

The plastic frames around the glass front and back also appear to scuff quite easily, leading to permanent marks on the edges of the phone.

These drawbacks don't make me regret my purchase, however; I think the iPhone 4/4S looks beautiful in white despite these shortcomings. Both colours have their pros and cons, but choose carefully!

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

11. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

luv my white, to me more synonymous with Apple...and as you say a tad more unique for a period of time and defiantly stands out from the copy cat devices with an eye catching appeal...

12. EasyRyde macrumors newbie

I went with the white because it's simply a beautiful looking phone with the aluminum/silver border around the case. I do photography on the side and when I display my phones, they pop our more because it looks like I have a white matte border around each picture.

Good luck!

13. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Honestly, the white looks fly as ****.

My opinion.

14. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

These **** threads are so stupid and pointless. ONLY YOU can decide which phone you will want. Whether or not people are "enjoying" their phone or "regret buying it" does not matter. A million people can say that they hate their white iPhone, but that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

-Go to the Store
    -Pick which one you think you'll want
    -Use it for 13 days
    -On the 14th day, decide whether you want to exchange it or not.

/thread

15. dewski macrumors regular

ive had only black for the last 2 generations. ive always wanted a white one and i got it this time. i love it. it pops. and i cant see the blemishes on the back as easily.

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I love my white 4GS. I had a white 3GS, and a black 4. I think the white 4 is much better - it looks different from all of the other "black slab" phones out there...

17. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I'm happy with the white iPhone it looks great :) and I like it it looks good with the black bumper too lol

18. Fuchal macrumors 68020

19. N23 macrumors regular

I was hesitant about getting a white iPhone.
    I remember being not so impressed with them at the Apple store.

Been using a white 4S since launch and love it now, looks clean and no fingerprints is a huge plus.
    I'll probably be getting white iPhones from here on out.

20. nmork macrumors regular

My 3GS was black, and now I have a white iPhone 4 and love it. Like others have mentioned it does a great job of hiding fingerprints too :D

My only complaint is when I'm outside and looking at, say, my Facebook news feed, the phone is so white it makes the on-screen white look beige-yellow if that makes any sense. Regardless, though, I prefer it to black.

21. big samm macrumors 65816

I have a iphone 4 black and a iphone 4s white! I love both colors! You see less fingerprint on the white one but the white get's dirty easier!

22. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

23. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

24. OCJeff macrumors regular

Gotta love the MF reference...

I actually had this same debate when moving to the 4S. I actually had ordered the white, and then decided to change it to black, but with the pre-order madness the "change" never got into the system and I still received the White one. I tried to do an in-store exchange on 10/14 (release day) but I could not since it's a national business account.

So I decided to use the white one, and then have 30 days to switch to black if I wanted. Ultimately for >me< white was a much better decision. I had a black iPhone 4, and if I had a black 4S then I really wouldn't appreciate the fact that it is a new and improved version of my old phone (plus what would I have spent the $300 on?).

I like the White, except that my first phone died on me 5 days later, and had to be exchanged for a new one. I could have switched to black at that point, but I stayed with the white one. Reminds me that it's new and improved and helps me justify the cost. ;) Not to mention is does look pretty cool.

25. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I'm old school Apple, so white just seems the right color. And I'm still really happy with this choice. :)