Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evoga

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
S3 or S4?

I find that for my S3 I have to be very specific. It’s not only rasing the watch close to my mouth but also have to align the microphone facing my mouth too. It’s like talking to the microphone, otherwise it won’t trigger Siri.
[doublepost=1537749868][/doublepost]

The former.

No it’s the latter.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
It works for me, but I have to be very deliberate. I prefer the 'old way' as it seems that Siri responds better to her name called.
I am assuming Apple made this change so Siri could stop listening a second or two after being awakened, thus saving power. The current setup basically has Siri listening for only a second or so then ... she's gone.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
If nobody can work out what you’re saying, then it’s most likely you that’s the issue. Your posts are deliberately misleading so you can argue.

I can only say what I saw.
[doublepost=1537836053][/doublepost]
Perhaps if everyone is telling you you’re wrong, you just may be wrong.

Siri does not come up just from you simply raising your wrist to your mouth. Period. Otherwise, what would differentiate that between raising your wrist to simply check the time?

The answer: talking. Siri comes up when you raise your wrist and talk. If you don’t say anything, no Siri. Because certainly the watch thinks you his want to check the time. (Spoiler alert: that’s where the watch face comes in).

That’s what everyone is trying to explain to you. I’m not sure what part you don’t understand.

Well, I never say what’s right or wrong, and I don’t even care. I can only tell what I saw.

It doesn’t like this feature is consistent, or mature, enough to say what can and can not happen.

Never say I have problem with what other people said and they’re “wrong”. Just have problem with someone twisted my words.

Last edited:

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Raise to wake works very unreliable for me, probably in part due to the fact that I am wearing long sleeve coat and have to pull the cuff back a bit to see watch. "Hey Siri" on the other hand works pretty much every time - much better than my S0 where it only listened on raise to wake.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Never works for me. I don't mind that really since i'd rather conserve battery life, and tapping the screen before using siri is quick and simple enough. I do think that the feature should not be included if it's not going to work consistently.

c.s.

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2007
If I raise the watch all the way to my face, it works every time. If I'm lazy about it and only raise to chest level, it almost never works.

Reactions: DarkKnight1968

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Now that I've jumped through the right hoops so that she'll talk to me at all, it works really well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.