How are you finding the Milanese Loop?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by daijholt, May 3, 2015.

1. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

So how are people finding the Milanese Loop after a week with it? Love it? Hate it? Not sure?

I find that when I'm going about my day, minor increases in my wrist size will cause the loop to loosen by a few mm, causing the Heart Rate sensor to stop taking readings every 10 minutes like it normally does (presumably due to the small gap between the sensor and my wrist). Wen its snug it works perfectly, but i keep having to adjust the strap slightly every few hours.

How has your experience been with it, and will you change it if its not to your liking?

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I generally really like it. Yesterday I was doing some landscaping work and I definitely got sweaty and clammy under it, had to loosen it to let my skin breath a few times.

3. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Absolutely love it. The look works with both casual and formal occasions and I love how easily I can adjust it to suit whatever comfort level I'm looking for.

I've also run with it and while it isn't my ideal band to exercise with (waiting for my BSB) and it works well enough to use for running.

4. Phima256 macrumors regular

It's nice, though I do notice that it immediately loosens based on your use of wrist, no matter how snug you make it. That's a good thing except when you prefer the bracelet to be continuously snug and I can't get it to remain as snug as I'd like.

I have the link bracelet on order which will give me more of a consistent feel/wear but I'm afraid that, without the ability to make micro-adjustments on it, taking out links will still be either too loose or too tight. We will see (hopefully) soon.

5. zaneliu94 macrumors regular

I definitely find the band to be both beautiful and eclectic in fit. As said, I still want a sport band for exercise but it fits just about every other occasion.

I wouldn't do any yard work or shop work with it but I wouldn't do that stuff with any band combination with my watch :rolleyes:

6. daijholt thread starter macrumors 6502a

daijholt

I have the sport band on order as well for gym sessions. It's clear to me its a much better fit for that purpose.

I'm trying not to mess with the Milanese strap as much throughout the day, in an attempt to see if the minor loosening as the day goes on makes any considerable difference to HR tracking over several hours of use.

I agree though, the Milanese Loop is a beautiful bit of work. I'd never seen it before until Apple reintroduced it (apparently it had dropped out of style somewhat).

7. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

Would be curious to see some pictures of it with 38mm and 42mm..

8. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I love it. But am anxiously awaiting my white sports band to arrive to use when working out. That's the only time I find the Milanese loop uncomfortable, mostly because I have to wear my AW higher on my arm for the HRM to work reliably.

9. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

When the I saw the watch on the Milanese loop I knew it was the one for me. Looks and feels well made.
    Reminds me of the Ocean Classic band...

[​IMG]

Doesn't come loose for me, even when I wore it while bowling earlier. Will not wear it for more strenuous activities I.e. Tennis. Almost as comfortable as the Sport band.

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I love mine, but it seems to have a dark line going roughly down the middle. The "line" is about a quarter of an inch thick, somewhat irregular, very faint, and is only visible at certain angles when the watch is off the wrist. I've washed the band with mild soap and a toothbrush, and tried used a silver polishing cloth on it, but it's still there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

11. Banich2 macrumors regular

Someone else posted a picture of their band with a faint stain, but I'm not sure in which thread

12. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I really like mine so far but don't like how it feels when my arm gets sweaty. I decided to also order a sports band for exercise, yard work, etc.

13. watchfan macrumors newbie

I really like it but it's annoying when my long hair (from my head, not arm) gets caught in it. Also when I pick up my pets sometimes their fur gets caught in it too. The magnetic strap has come undone once already but it happened when I was carrying lots of bags on my arm and it must have flicked the strap open. Luckily, the watch just dangled from my wrist and didn't fall.

14. usarioclave macrumors 65816

I keep my loop a bit loose, because I like my watch to have a little movement on my wrist. If I don't want it to move, I shake it up my arm.

I like it, but my kids have discovered that they can pop it open easily and it's become an annoying game of theirs. It'll be interesting to see how the link bracelet works/fits relative to the loop.

15. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

Wore it while playing bowling and wiffle ball yesterday, held up well. Didn't come loose and felt secure and I was swinging the bat hard.

16. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I love it. Wear it to the gym (waiting on my sports band) and even had it on during yard work this weekend. I tend to wear it a bit on the loose side - slides up and down a bit, like a bracelet, but the back of the watch still is in contact with my skin. I tighten it up a bit when I'm at the gym.

17. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I love it. As others have said, it looks great in casual and workplace. I do have to make minor adjustments a few times during the day as my wrist swells or whatever, but I don't mind that and appreciate that it is completely adjustable and not based on where someone put holds in a regular strap for attachment.

I may get a sports band for summertime/camping/etc but so far am holding out for them to make a red one available.

18. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

It's not as hazardous as I thought it would be to do yard work with my SS Apple watch on. I have the sport band which cleans off nicely. I wear leather work gloves with high cuffs that offer some protection for most gardening chores.

But when it comes time to cut down some thick trunked shrubs, yeah...I think I'll leave the watch indoors. I get pretty mauled working in some dense thickets. I certainly would never subject the beautiful Milanese loop to that sort of work. I don't own the Apple version but I have another watch with a similar band. It's not comfortable for labor intensive work. It's strictly for dressing up or business settings.

19. zaneliu94 macrumors regular

Agree. I think it is more psychological. I can't work as efficiently if I'm constantly worried about my watch haha

20. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

I adore it! I love how adjustable it is and I think it adds a bit of class to even the simplest of outfits (i.e. jeans and a t-shirt) however I did order two sport bands (blue and white) but those are still in processing hell

21. Ramsey180 macrumors newbie

Ramsey180

Yes! This is exactly why I stumbled across this post, hoping to find an answer. There's a faint dark line running down my Milanase loop. Anyone have success with removing this?

22. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

I love my Milanese loop. I also bought a rubber band, hated it and returned it. Then I bought a Modern Buckle. I have kept that, but wear it only very occasionally, because it is harder to put on and either too loose to take HR readings or tight enough to be uncomfortable. For me, the Milanese loop stays comfortable and snug almost all of the time, and is easy to quickly adjust if it does come loose or if the skin under the watch face starts to get irritated from sweat and I need to move it up or down my wrist a little.

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I just cleaned mine with some soap and water, it went away.