How are you guys coping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Irosaki, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Irosaki macrumors member

Irosaki

Hi guys,

How are you all coping with the wait for the new Macbook Pro? I think im going insane......me too!

I have been watching south park from start to finish and after each episode im hitting f5 on firefox, I try doing other things yet that somehow seems to make things worse!!!!! Any advice on how to hold back complete insanity for just a little longer would be greatly appreciated.

finally here is every lyric of the Happy Days theme song:

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
    Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
    Saturday, what a day,
    Rockin all week with you.

This day is ours
    Won't you be mine. (Oh Happy Days)
    This day is ours (Oh Happy Days)
    Oh please be mine.

Hello sunshine, goodbye rain,
    She's wearing my high school ring on her chain.
    She's my steady, I'm her man,
    I'm gonna love her all I can.
    (Chorus)
    Gonna cruise her round the town,
    Show everybody what I've found
    Rock'n'roll with all my friends
    Hopin' the music never ends.

These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
    These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
    These Happy Days are yours and mine, Happy Days.

2. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

My week old MacBook Pro is working fine. What wait is this?

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Get a job, or a girlfriend, or just go outside, perhaps go to the pub. Do something other than posting about how you're waiting for the new MBP. It's not coming anytime soon, and I really don't know what you're talking about :confused::confused::confused:

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Best. Thread. Evar.

this.

5. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You realize that its only a computer and apple will have faster newer more shiny ones after January as well.

I'm perfectly content with my 08 MBP model and I see no reason to buy a new one.

What tends to happen more often then naught is that people get so worked up in a frenzy (like the OP) and when the actual date comes, they're disappointed because apple didn't give them everything they wanted or hoped for.

Since these puppies are > 2,000 bucks, its going to be a long time before I upgrade my MBP.

7. baslotto macrumors regular

I KNOW!
    I think I'm gonna take some days off work just to wait for the new MBP!

8. vitaminz macrumors member

Hehe, I'm sending my faulty Samsung NC10 back to Samsung (faulty), and if they replace with a brand new one I'll eBay it and await the new 13 inch MPB, oh yeah :)

9. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

10. vitaminz macrumors member

Welll...it's been overheating for months and months, and I've suddenly the impulse to get a Mac so I'm sending it back before my warranty expires :) it's stupidly hard trying to stop myself buying the current gen as I can't wait!

11. fs454 macrumors 65816

I'm so excited to get a new MBP but at the same time I really feel like I should just wait for quad core. With my pre-unibody and my Mac Pro, I really feel the difference using a "lowly" dual core system after completing a project on my 8-core mac pro.

Technology is advancing so slowly lately.

12. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

There's no guarantee of a new MBP. I think this qualifies for voluntary insanity :D Don't worry, though. We don't have to wait too much longer for a announcement :cool:

Habitus :apple:

13. wilycoder macrumors 6502

I furiously masturbate until I pass out from lack of oxygen.

That's how I cope.

:apple:

14. Irosaki thread starter macrumors member

Irosaki

I like the way you think!

15. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i'm happy with my brand new 15" 2.8 I just bought a week ago. I honestly do not care about the update. Unless there is some crazy new feature besides the new chip. who knows if it comes out (which I highly doubt) within the 14 day period I might exchange it.

16. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

LOL I have no issues with my two week old uni!

Cheers!

17. csdibiase macrumors member

For a first mac purchase you can't fault people for wanting to wait a week or two, spend the same and get a 10-20% boost in performance. When you don't NEED and you just WANT it's worth a little more waiting to maximize your purchase.

I know that's what I'm doing, slightly delaying a new, expensive purchase in order to maximize the value of that purchase. Had I committed to a mac a month ago I would have just bought one, but as it is I'll have ended up with a 3 week delay unless I break down and order a referb heh.

18. melman101 macrumors 68030

I use my June 2009 13" MBP which is absolutely fine for the tasks I do, including writing iPhone apps.

I, however, am waiting on the Tablet annoucement, not that I'm going to get one. I just want to see what the hype is about. I can't drop a $1,000 on a tablet when I just got a Macbook Pro 13" :), and most likely getting an iPhone 4G ;-)

19. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

hey, i'm just as excited as the OP is, if not more so - there's nothing wrong with being excited. this will be my first laptop ever, and i was ready to buy one a month ago but i resisted the urge because i heard there was an update coming.

since i'm planning to buy the top of the line 17" model, there's no way i'd spend that much money just to see a better version come out a few weeks later. i learned that lesson the hard way when i bought this powermac g5 with ppc chips. i didn't do any research beforehand and sure enough, apple switched to intel about two months later. if i'd waited, i probably wouldn't be needing a new computer right now (i can't run animate pro on my current machine).

anyway, can't wait for the announcement!

20. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

That's not right. The version used on the show was:

21. Gomff macrumors 6502a

It's a strange and cruel truth that each Apple product is often more beautifully designed and desirable than the last yet they are also reliable and tend to last a long time.

22. Skibrett3211 macrumors member

Skibrett3211

I am also excited!! It will also be my first Mac and since I'm planing on getting the 13" for financial reasons I want to get the most for my money seeing as how am going to be recording music on it :)

So to all the people who dawg to OP because he's excited, go read another thread, because we all know that in less than two weeks a new MBP will be announced either at the Jan 27th event or not :) :apple:

23. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I HONESTLY hope you are joking. Why would you do that? Just wait, and when it comes out, buy it at work, or wait until you get home. :confused:

24. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Watching gay pr0n? :[

25. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Heck just enjoy the mac(s) you have ... screens are great, keyboards excellent they're all fast enough for most tasks and already cutting edge design.

We may not even see new MBP's or a spiced up MBA in January could be Spring/Summer .... who knows.

Most important is to build some sentimental value with your current equipment and enjoy it ... sure I get excited about new models too, and I usually upgrade but realize if you have a mac already you're doing pretty good :)