How are you guys getting a free iPhone 5S Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mok23, Oct 6, 2013.

1. mok23 macrumors member

Most of you guys ordered an iPhone 5S online on apple.com I am reading that alot of you guys are getting free cases from apple because of the wait. I want one too and just want to ask what procedure you guys are taking to get a new case.

2. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Do you have your phone yet? If it is because of the wait and you havent got your phone yet then you should get one with your phone? If you already have your phone they most likely dont think you had to wait long enough.

3. mok23 thread starter macrumors member

I don't have my phone yet. Ordered Sep 22 Gold 16gb Unlocked still waiting...

4. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

so let me get this straight the guys who waited 4+ hours in the cold on launch morning/night before had to pay for their cases but the slackers who couldn't be bothered or wanted to sleep get free cases?

lol seems fair

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Which, with all due respect, is another reason why it's ridiculous to wait out in the cold for 4+ hours just to get a new phone as fast as possible. Good things come to those who wait.

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

My good thing came at 8:00 AM when I was handed a 5S. Waiting in line really isn't bad at all.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

If you have nothing better or more important to do, including sleep.

8. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

I got a free black case for my iPhone 5S silver. I called and talked to superwiser and she offered me when I complained abt not getting my iPhone yet. I ordered on Sept 20 at 4:30 AM Eastern time.

9. sucka free macrumors member

Here's what happened
    People ordered on launch day and got a 7-10 business day eta for their phones to ship.
    However, they felt the need to complain about their shipping times and why it was going to take so long, so they called apple complaining.
    Said complainers then got free stuff even tho apple has not done anything wrong or missed any dates yet.

According to my count, it's been upgraded shipping and free cases, with a few people saying they even got beats headphones it Apple TV.

I want free stuff too, and I want my phone faster.. But when I orderd they said 7-10 to ship and delivery between the 8-11th. The phone shipped on the 8th day and it's scheduled to be delivered on the 10th so I can't in good conscious complain wen they haven't failed.
    I deal with customers like that all day long, and I feel like it's a douschey move to try and exploit them for no reason.

10. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

good rant to compose yourself for not getting free stuff lol

11. sucka free macrumors member

Hah he asked how they did it, and I told him.
    no bitterness here bro, I just won't let myself be 'that guy'.
    Let my pizza not show up in 30 min or less..that's a different story.

12. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

I would rather get a free case than a free pizza. I didn't like the apple cases at first but now I actually like it after looking at youtube reviews and stuff. Looking forward to meet my FREE BLACK CASE this Thursday :D

13. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Really? It's a case. Just buy one.

Entitlement at it's finest. :rolleyes:

14. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yup.

15. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

Fixed.

16. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I ordered 5 minutes after midnight (opening) and I won't get my phone till tomorrow. I am not expecting anything but a phone.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't consider myself a slacker for ordering my phone online at release day. If being smart is being a slacker then yes I guess.

------

TS if you want something you don't deserve then just nag nag nag until someone gives in to your nagging.

18. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

lets put it this way, if you called and got offered a $40 case for the $691 Iphone that you paid, would you say no? I just said yes I will take it. Stop hating guys seriously!! Don't jinx me now, its getting scary lol

19. sucka free macrumors member

The point is...wtf are you doing calling them for when they haven't done anything wrong ?!!

I just saw he October delivery thread..
    Their delivery date just says October, there's 31 days in October, and they made it a whole 4 days into the month before they started calling apple complaining about not having their phones yet.

20. chidoriko macrumors member

chidoriko

Maybe it's because you lack empathy or you were able to get your phone on time but the level of frustration just doesn't exist for you so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I'm on my 17th day waiting for my iPhone. That's a little over half a month with no expected shipping date, no news on my phone, not even a freaking estimate. Most people are far from milking this experience. We would all obviously rather have our phone than a case but if they're offering it, why not take it.

21. jimthing, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

As a useful note to UK order people (probably same worldwide)...

I was 50th at a medium-size Apple Store here in the UK. Unfortunately all but one model had gone by the time it got to me, so I walked away with nothing (16GB wasn't a size I could live with).

Immediately I ordered (via the website, not the iOS app) a gold 64GB model, although by that time (only ~8am BST) the delivery time had gone from "7-10 working days" to plain "October" — I've been thinking, damn now I no won't get one until mid-to-end Oct!

HOWEVER, my delivery date is now showing as scheduled for "Wed 09 Oct 2013", so it looks like I was wrong, as that's just after the initial period offered; actually it'll be the 13th working day after the 20 Sep 2013 release day.

So clearly, when Apple show "October", they're keeping it very open, but those who ordered just after the 7-10 working days are receiving their unit near to that time. If you left it longer, you'll obviously have to wait that bit longer, but at least Apple seem to be delivering in a reasonable timeframe as per to what they advised at time of ordering.

Hope this helps anyone wondering likely delivery dates. :)

Free case? Good luck to anyone who managed to blag one!
    Given the 5S units were so completely and utterly limited on initial release this year worldwide, leaving a lot of disappointed people physically queuing at their stores and beyond, I'd suggest sweeteners like this serve them well both short- and long-term in their customer PR stakes.

22. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

23. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Lacking empathy? Because you... Had to wait for a phone to be shipped?

Seriously? We need to have empathy for that?

If they're offering free stuff, awesome. If people are calling and demanding free stuff because they heard somewhere someone else got free stuff that's a completely different story. My feeling is people aren't judging the former, rather the latter.

24. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

yes :p

25. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I think I'm sold.