How bad is this?

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
2,707
1
The hubby and I are sitting on our couch with our respective lappies "talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night.... :rolleyes:
 

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
631
0
floriflee said:
The hubby and I are sitting on our couch with our respective lappies "talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night.... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I don't think that's good. That's like those families who use cell phones to converse at dinner, and IM each other to say that dinner is ready.:eek: However, amnesty is granted through the fact that it's MR.:D

So all is well.:)
 

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
15,658
3
キャンプスワ&#
floriflee said:
The hubby and I are sitting on our couch with our respective lappies "talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night.... :rolleyes:
That's so sweet! :D

Spending time together while part of the big MR family. Cool.
 

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
2,713
487
A geographical oddity
d_and_n5000 said:
Yeah, I don't think that's good. That's like those families who use cell phones to converse at dinner, and IM each other to say that dinner is ready.:eek: However, amnesty is granted through the fact that it's MR.:D

So all is well.:)
Yeah, but we are actually having a conversation at the same time. A lot of it is the usual H/W discussion, with the occasional "Hey! Look at this thread." thrown in. So, we aren't that bad, are we?

Another thing that makes it better is that Lori had no interest in a Mac for a long time. But, as she spends more and more time here, the more she loathes her Toshiba. So, it is a good thing in a way....:)
 

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
2,707
1
Stupid battery life that only lasts an hour..... *shakes fist violently at the computer screen* :p

nbs2 said:
Yeah, but we are actually having a conversation at the same time. A lot of it is the usual H/W discussion, with the occasional "Hey! Look at this thread." thrown in. So, we aren't that bad, are we?

Another thing that makes it better is that Lori had no interest in a Mac for a long time. But, as she spends more and more time here, the more she loathes her Toshiba. So, it is a good thing in a way....:)
I think it's more like a bunch of "Hey! Look at this thread" conversations with the occasional H/W discussion. :D
 

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
2,707
1
lexus said:
??? Is this true???
Absolutely. Except now I'm not longer sitting on the couch because I had to go plug the lappy in *still shaking fist* and didn't feel like untangling the mess behind the desk that is our electrical cords just to get the A/C adapter out....
 

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
3,681
665
Colly-fornia
floriflee said:
Absolutely. Except now I'm not longer sitting on the couch because I had to go plug the lappy in *still shaking fist* and didn't feel like untangling the mess behind the desk that is our electrical cords just to get the A/C adapter out....
I've got a power adapter permanently ensconced under the couch for that very reason.

I'm trying to come up with a good way of getting power to the dining room table without it looking like hell.

My wife and I have iChats on so we can pester each other from time to time as well - which actually brings me to why I need to put a second power adapter under the couch soon...
 

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
11,744
4,276
Republic of Ukistan
floriflee said:
I think it's more like a bunch of "Hey! Look at this thread" conversations with the occasional H/W discussion. :D
Why do you spend so much time discussing hot water? Just turn the damned immersion on and you can have as much as you want. End of story.
 

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
2,707
1
skunk said:
Why do you spend so much time discussing hot water? Just turn the damned immersion on and you can have as much as you want. End of story.
Hey, some people find great enjoyment discussing aliens, star wars, politics, or the weather, but we like to discuss various water states! :D

Perhaps this is another one of those "WC means Water Closet not Wesleyan Church" interpretation things.... :D

H/W = Husband/Wife
 

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
sushi said:
Well, don't be afraid to launch/fling it when you are ready to get a MB or MBP! :)
And we want pics when you do....;)

"talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night..
To be honest, that sounds like way more fun than some parties I've been to.

Am I missing something, or is it OK not to give a #&^$ about inane small talk with sloshed people you don't like anyway?

@#$@& it, give me and my sweetie lattes from my own machine (the second-best coffees in town - still working on the technique), a good chair each and either a good English detective novel or a broadband connection to MR. We're happy.
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
floriflee said:
The hubby and I are sitting on our couch with our respective lappies "talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night.... :rolleyes:
That is actually very cool! :)


Glad that the two of you enjoy spending time with not only each other, but with the rest of the MR family (even if you can manage to do both at the same time)! :)
 

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
2,713
487
A geographical oddity
CanadaRAM said:
And we want pics when you do....;)
I didn't notice which post you quoted at first. I was a bit disturbed. No...very disturbed. No....very disturbed and glad that I am not currently consuming food/beverage for the sake of not spraying sustenance all over my PB.:eek:
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
It's not that bad. :p Yup, the bf and I have done it. But he's no Mac user.
 

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
10,266
0
I accidentally my whole location.
floriflee said:
The hubby and I are sitting on our couch with our respective lappies "talking" to each other (and all the other fine MR folk) through MR....on a Friday night.... :rolleyes:
Its one thing if you're still having an actual conversation on top of posting together on MR, its something else entirely if your mouhts are shut and your only interaction is through IM or MR. If its the latter then I'll have to present you with the Official vniow Geek Couple of the Year Award™.