Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
skunk said:
My irony emoticon must have been in white text....:)

I know. I laughed when I first read it. Still reminded me of that story. ;) And wanted to make sure there weren't others who really were confused....

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
devilot said:
It's not that bad. :p Yup, the bf and I have done it. But he's no Mac user.

Shame on him. ;) :)

Sounds like you need to work harder on converting him into our righteous order of all things Macintosh ; )

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
nbs2 said:
Yeah, but we are actually having a conversation at the same time. A lot of it is the usual H/W discussion, with the occasional "Hey! Look at this thread." thrown in. So, we aren't that bad, are we?

Another thing that makes it better is that Lori had no interest in a Mac for a long time. But, as she spends more and more time here, the more she loathes her Toshiba. So, it is a good thing in a way....:)

Naaahhh......I would do that with my friends - but my friends don't like Macs. They detest them. They need help, they need guidance. But when I try to get them to like them, they just see a freak:( . Oh well - they still have to use 'em, not a Windows box in the school building! Nice, it really is.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
d_and_n5000 said:
Naaahhh......I would do that with my friends - but my friends don't like Macs. They detest them. They need help, they need guidance. But when I try to get them to like them, they just see a freak:( . Oh well - they still have to use 'em, not a Windows box in the school building! Nice, it really is.

Sorry to hear about your friends- perhaps they will one day see the light and switch to Mac OS. :)

Glad to hear that they have to use Macs in school though. :)

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
d_and_n5000 said:

Maybe they should visit MR. That made me a believer. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
devilot said:
Yup, the bf and I have done it. But he's no Mac user.

Soooooo......you're on MacRumours, while he's on DellRumours? :(

sushi said:
Well, don't be afraid to launch/fling it when you are ready to get a MB or MBP! :)

They make really good, but ugly frisbees. They also float on water. Come on, trust me. Give it a try.

*giggles*

iSaint

macrumors 603
CanadaRAM said:
To be honest, that sounds like way more fun than some parties I've been to.

Am I missing something, or is it OK not to give a #&^$ about inane small talk with sloshed people you don't like anyway?

That's something extroverts like my wife like to do. I'm with you on this boat.

And floriflee, I don't have that much in common computerwise with my wife. I can't get her to chat let alone even talk about computers. My daughter, on the other hand: she and I text message and Chat from across the house, or in the same room.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.