How buggy is iOS 8.2 for you?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by moonman239, Mar 10, 2015.

?

How buggy is iOS 8.2?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2015.
  1. Not noticably buggy.

149 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Buggy

58 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Very buggy

24 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. So buggy it's almost unusable.

13 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Sliding to unlock still intermittently fails, but I haven't run into anything else yet.

3. elfary macrumors regular

Scrolling still stutters, and Music app in landscape mode on iPhone 6 is the opposite of fluidity.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Clean installation, no back-up and everything stock. Just been playing around on my 6+ for 30 mins since updating and I have found that:

Tabs still reload pathetically easily. Even without leaving Safari I cannot keep three tabs open and switch between them without reloading.

The spinning data wheel is still there on many sites whilst browsing.

Copy and paste still doesn't work properly within Safari.

WiFi drops weak signals and then fails to pick them up again. If I go into WiFi settings the network is there and I can manually log back on.

So Apple techs couldn't spot these obvious problems after weeks of testing? Big lols all 'round.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

I get the spinning wheel also on the mobile site on MR, but strangely not on the desktop site.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

So far doesn't seem to be any more or less buggy than earlier iOS 8 releases.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Interesting. I've just tried that out and get the spinning wheel on the MacR desktop site too. I wonder why we're getting different results.

----------

I actually think that copy/paste is more buggy but everything else seems similar...

8. I7guy macrumors G5

And it's strangely inconsistent. Open another tab and switch back to Safari and it's gone.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Totally inconsistent. For the past five mins I've been browsing MR with no spinning wheel. Usually it's here 99% of the time.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Makes you think that it can be some ads or related scripts that might get loaded fine sometimes and not as well other times (perhaps due to bad coding on their part or some other backend issues on their side).

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Still no spinning wheel. This is the longest I've ever gone without seeing it. If this was from the off straight after installation I'd be quietly confident it was cured! Sadly not though.

12. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I had a couple GUI glitches and a few stutters that I hadn't experienced with 8.13.

13. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I can't find anything to complain about other than another useless app being installed. Should be able to download it if we need it, but not be stuck with a program for a device that has zero interest to me.

Otherwise, I see no difference with ios 8.2. No problems. Everything I do seems to work smooth and fine.

14. Ries macrumors 68000

Best version since 8.0.

My wireless problem seems to be gone (drop outs, signal going between 2-3 " bars" constantly every 5 seconds, now its a solid 3)

Healthkit finally seems to work.

It feels faster and more fluid than before.

15. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Feels beter I think (On my iPhone 5).. Still not completely smooth on Retina Mini.

I think has shifted its bug fix team to iOS 9.

16. Narcaz, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

Narcaz macrumors 6502

I can't decide between not noticable buggy and very buggy. On the one hand my iPhone 5S has a few little UI glitches, but nothing serious. I discovered a few new ones e.g. the font change in the status during the unlock animation is too slow. This isn't a showstopper.

On the other hand my rMini 2 is very buggy. I got it exchanged with 8.1, because of a broken homebutton, and with 8.2 it still has the same animations problems like the first one with 8.0. It gets unresponsive in spotlight and safari from time to time, like a 3-5 seconds lag. Totally random, but a restart fixes it for a few hours. And i am totally plagued with the page reload problem. Never happened with my 5S. I did a clean DFU Install without backup and it is still there. And please don't tell me there is no animation lag, even the Apple Store models have it. Some of it exists since 7.0, but somehow it aggravated with iOS 8. Not everybody is sensitive enough to notice it, but it can be annoying for those who see it.

17. bransoj macrumors 6502a

OTA update onto my iPhone 5 and not had an issue at all.

18. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

There are some bugs related to animations and lag and when I try to submit a bug report to apple, the idiots ask me for screenshots. How the f. am I suppose to take a screenshot of an animation?

19. RiderX macrumors regular

Biggest problem is the buggy copy/paste which lasts now for many months. Such an important feature and they can't get it right. Very microsoftish.

20. I7guy macrumors G5

mine works fine, if that is the biggest bug on the 5s, 5s owners are way ahead of the game.

21. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

22. slester macrumors member

I have noticed that the clock on the lock screen lags. When I wake my phone, the time and date take a split second to populate. Never noticed that before the 8.2 upgrade.

23. Narcaz macrumors 6502

It didn't say there is only one bug. Weather, Music, Health App and few other things still have a long way to go. But in comparison to my awful iPad webbrowsing experience, these are really minor problems. I my opinion iPhone 5/C/S and 6 have the least problems especially with lag, broken animations, glitches. 4S/6Plus and all iPads seem to be more prone to things like this. Probably a major reason for a lot of misunderstanding in this forum when people are talking about iOS 8 stability and performance.

To be more specific about the status bar font: It doesn't happy every time. More like 1 out 4 times: I use Safari, press the home button, lock the phone, unlock it, the animation finishes, and then suddenly the font size increases again for 0,1s and goes back to normal.

24. elfary macrumors regular

Whenever i do scrolling i can barely tell that i'm using an iPhone 6 because the iOS trademarked smoothness has gone downhill. Stutter happens on native apps not only on 3rd party apps.

Upgrading to 8.2 has not solved it. Nor it has a factory restore as a new unit.

Landscape Music App scrolling is so antijobesque...

25. I7guy macrumors G5

What are the issues with weather, music and health. On my 5s they seem to be working as designed; good, bad or indifferent.