How can I copy songs to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by michael31986, Dec 11, 2011.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

My iPod touch is set to manually sync with my pc so how do I copy playlists and songs to Mac.

2. iLaughingSaint macrumors newbie

Copy songs

If you bought songs from iTunes and only if you did you can manually drag songs to pc or change settings from manually to automatically synch you then may have to check settings under music field to synch. If you didn't buy your music from iTunes and it isn't backed up on your computer then you won't be able to synch. If you did purchase songs from iTunes you can also go to apple store at top of page and choose download previous purchases and it will automatically download your music from iTunes. Hope this helps

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is their a program like copy trans for Mac though

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Why don't you just turn "Home Sharing" on in iTunes on YOUR PC and YOUR Mac so you can copy YOUR music directly from the your PC to your Mac? There is no need at all to copy the music that you own from your iPod.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't think i am explaining it right. My iPod touch is set to manual sync with my PC. I want to now use it on my mac, but I'm scared when i plug it into my new mac that it will erase all of my music. I also was hoping to maybe restore my iPod touch, but before i do that i want to copy the songs onto the mac and also the playlists. the songs are not all mine. so i sharing would not help.

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If the songs are not all yours, then copying them to your Mac would be illegal. That's exactly why Apple hasn't added this as a feature to iTunes.

7. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Use the iTunes "Backup" feature to transfer your entire PC library over to burnable DVDs. Then restore the backup on your Mac.

8. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

I found programs like senuti. I'm looking for things like that.

9. jason1790 macrumors member

There is a great program that I use. It is called iRip. If you google it, it will be the first one most likely. It is very simple to use and works great. HOWEVER, you have to buy it. I believe its $20 but if you google "iRip coupon" you can find one that gives you some % or $ amount off.

You can download a Trial that will let you take 100 songs off of your iPod/iPhone/iPad for free.

Hope that helps. Any other questions feel free to ask.

10. michael31986, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

I wound up downloading senuti instead! It was amazing! Love it!