how can i delete bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThomasBoss, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

I was trying to put Windows 8 developer preview on boot camp, but of course I can't properly burn a disk so it went horribly wrong LOL

How can I delete the partition? thanks.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Use Bootcamp Assistant to remove the partition.

3. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Open your boot camp assistant, press continue.. there should be an option there to create/remove windows partition and the second option is to start the windows installer.

Simply click the first option button, and continue through the steps. It will ask you to enter your password then remove the windows partition.

4. ThomasBoss thread starter macrumors regular

there is no option to let me delete anything, when i press continue it asks if i want to make windows support drivers.

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

You might have to create the support drivers before it will let you remove the partition. I've only used bootcamp a few times so I am not entirely sure beyond this point.

6. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

7. alidil macrumors newbie

I have same problem... I have already googled and tried to solve the problem through Disk Utility and Boot Cam Assist. but no luck... It is showing me following;

[​IMG]

What to do? Please help!

Thanx!!!

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

chosse that you already have the disc and click continue than your should see the create or remove partition

9. simsaladimbamba, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Maybe this almost click-by-click tutorial can help:
    Images are clickable, as they need to be in thumbnail size due to their width.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4=5, 5=6, 6=7
    [​IMG]

10. PNGento macrumors member

Deleting a partition

I set up a 30GB partition, then had a failed Windows 7 install. I went thru boot camp to remove the partition, but it is still running now some 2 hours later. Is this normal for it to take this long to "un"create the partition when it only took maybe 5 minutes to set it up?

I do have over 200GB of use of the HD that the partition was created on. So, can I just assume that this may take an eternity...or is it possible that the deletion of the partition is also not going properly now 2 + hours later?

I did back up before beginning this, so if it is likely that the deletion is hosed, I can always restore to the state before the deletion process.

Thanks.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Perhaps the reason it's taking a long time is the same reason Windows 7 failed to install.

I would back up your data and then boot into the Recovery Partition or the Install DVD (depending on the age of your computer). Then run Disk Utility and attempt to repair the disk before trying again.