How can I not be OCD with my iPhones any more?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Sep 7, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

I am so sick of letting such minuscule things like specks of dust underneath the glass, or a scratch on the home button, or a small scuff mark on the antenna, etc. etc., bother me!!!

I mean when you really think about and consider how some of us react over such things, it's not healthy and it's downright pathetic. Yet some of us book Genius appointments over a dust speck, return & exchange 10 iPhones a month, and cry like babies over such things.

So my question is how can I learn to just use, appreciate and love the iPhone, and what the hell, maybe learn to look at dust, scratches and dents as CHARACTER traits on our phones... Like Cindy C's beauty mark... That dent or light scratch only serves to make your phone unique, and only yours.

;)

Any tips?

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

The best way is to stop visiting these forums.

4. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

This is a tip/question. Is there any case that completely surrounds the iphone (minus the obvious spots like the front) that is silicone? That would be my way since I can be very OCD about small specks. A full shield of silicone (since I personally like it more) which you take off once a week or two for cleaning is my best idea. Are there full silicone cases for the iphone?

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I use the Otterbox Defender, it completely encases the iPhone with a hardshell and silicone. Makes it pretty bulky, but you could throw the phone off a roof and it won't have a scratch on it.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

is it only for your iPhone, or everything else...
    Go to a psychiatrist and take some SSRI's and behavioral psychotherapy...

8. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

You could realize that if you are that into your iPhone then you will be getting a new one next June/July anyway.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yep, get some professional help

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Get a good case. I got the incase slide a couple of weeks ago and have since stopped worrying about babying my phone, I've even dropped it and not a scratch on it (other than scratches on the band thanks to the stupid apple bumper). If your really paranoid get the otterbox.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Pay some guy off the street $5 to beat the crap out of you for being a little *%$@^. Do it every time you go all OCD over your phone. I'm sure you'll be conditioned in no time. Worked for me. :p

12. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

QFT

13. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

I have a scratch on my ip4 thats right in the middle and goes right above the home button and stops at the screen. It came like that, and I dont care. It looks cool.

14. kannesss macrumors 6502a

There are two different solutions that I see. You can drop it once or a few times, then you wont be worried as much cause it's already hurt. and the other...well they make some herbs that cure nervousness. just a few suggestions;)

15. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

How bulky? The iphone is 9.3 mm, but I wouldn't mind and extra 3 mm or so. I am practically the only person who still likes the size of the original Iphone.

16. detroit1 macrumors regular

drop it 3 times onto cement. then you cant take it back anymore ;)

17. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

invisible shield all around the phone plus tough case that'll do it

18. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

HaHaHa that's how I currently have mine :D

19. g8rdmd macrumors member

And take Prozac, lots of Prozac :p

20. hipvamore macrumors regular

yeah i'd say see a doctor. my friend is diagnosed with ocd. he says his meds work to take it down a little bit, go to therapy or something

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

22. LoLife macrumors regular

I would start by calling MTV or VH1 and getting a reality show out of this. Then you can make millions off of the show and buy 15 phones and switch them out every day and only use them twice a month. Maybe even putting them in a bubble with no air inside while they aren't in use. I like the thought of this reality show though, I would watch. Don't forget who gave you the idea though :D