Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deendans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
Hi, I wish to see if I could restore my Safari tabs and history lost owing to an iPhone crash.

Sorry for a long story. My iPhone crashed earlier, might be due to insufficient memory, and the photos and folders in camera rolls would just disappear, and re-appear some time later. The order of the videos appearing in the camera roll became wrong even their time taken was still correct. I am scared and tried to clear some data from my phone and the situation of the camera roll got better (though the order problem still existed, photos and videos won't disappear...). I then backed up my iPhone into iTunes using PC. The Safari still worked okay until this point.

Then after a few days, my dozens of tabs in Safari disappeared. Safari can't even remember new tabs sometimes and they just disappear.

I tried to reset the settings in my phone, but it didn't work. I also tried to restore the backup into another phone, and it turns out the safari tabs were gone (even they should be still there when I made the backup).By the way, the camera roll still got the order problem.

Is there any chance I could restore my Safari tabs and browse history? I have really important information inside... I understand that bookmarks are useful but that was just some information I was browsing temporarily at that moment so I did not bookmark them...

Actually an idea just came into my mind that, is it possible to load the .plist extracted from my iTunes backup to the PC safari, and see if the tabs returns? If it does, is it possible to sync the re-opened tabs to my iPhone again? Does iPhone Safari have "LastSession" plist as in Mac? Just wish to see if this is technically feasible and anywhere I could load the .plist to the windows safari.

Grateful if I could get some advice.... many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.