How can I solve the keyboard touching screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cshen, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. cshen macrumors newbie

    Oct 16, 2008
    I'm using the newest MBP unibody. Couple of my keys are touching the screen when I close my lid. I am think of buying a piece of cloth that can cover my keyboard when i close my screen. Is there such a thing available now?
  2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a


    Feb 17, 2008
    Earth Lane
    I'm using the foam that came with my MBP when I close the lid. It protects it while the laptop is closed and keeps the dusts off the keyboards and speakers while in the clamshell mode.
  3. macjram macrumors 6502a


    Dec 20, 2008
    microfiber cloths for glasses?

    Pretty much any cloth will do.. you don't need anything super fancy unless you want it lol. A temporary solution can be a cut up shirt or just paper towel for now till you get one you like or somethhing. Maybe not paper towel but yeah..
  4. cshen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 16, 2008
    I'm think of a thin piece of cloth that can just cover the keyboard area.

    I guess I'm just too lazy to cut the cloth myself.
  5. Abstract macrumors Penryn


    Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    If the above solutions don't work for you, do a search in Google. There are a lot of these protectors on the market that they're easy to find. ;) They're also very expensive for what they are, so I'd rather find any other alternative.
  6. cshen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 16, 2008
  7. amorican macrumors member


    Nov 15, 2008
    +1 on the Radtech product. I've been using it since the second week of owning my MBP. I'm very pleased.

Share This Page