How can people eat this stuff?

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
There's a place in Montreal with that crap on the menu (item D, top row, far right) :

Yes, only 25$ for a trio that probably has 3 days worth of caloric intake. Not to mention the place is a health inspector's dream come true.

Some guys from work went there to eat... I was surprised anyone would dare go, after seeing the crappy decor the place has.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
I don't understand how people manage not to throw up after eating one of those monsters. :confused:

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
There's a restaurant in Atlanta called the Vortex which has simply outstanding burgers. But the one called the "Triple Coronary Bypass" is the crazy one...

THE TRIPLE CORONARY BYPASS (aka THE SUPER STACK)
Made with two half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo. This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy!
Blech!

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
That burger reminds me of this place:

Heart Attack Grill

And ironically, there was a customer last month who had a heart attack...

Slogans for a Las Vegas restaurant called the Heart Attack Grill include "Taste worth dying for," and "Over 350 lbs? Eat for free!" But the burger joint's shtick of calling waitresses "nurses" — complete with skimpy uniforms — and serving "quadruple bypass" burgers collided with reality Saturday, when a patron suffered a heart attack while eating at the restaurant.

Many in the restaurant — including its owner, "Doctor" Jon Basso, thought the incident might have been a joke.

"One of the nurses came back to me and said, 'Dr. Jon, we've got a patient who's in trouble,'" Basso told KVVU Fox5.

The customer's name has not been released, but he is reportedly in his 40s. He had been eating a Triple Bypass Burger — or, a sandwich stacked with three patties of beef. He is said to be recovering in a Las Vegas hospital.
The french fries at that place are also deep fried in lard. Icky.