How can something not have leaked yet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joybulb, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I realize the extreme security measures that apple must employ when designing new products. For all I know they have the body of the iPhone 5 created right at apple headquarters and then have all the separate indiscernible parts created and shipped to them separately, and by diff suppliers, so they alone can build the proto. Hence the reason for an unlikely leak of a prototype(Save for a phone lost in a bar every now and then). I can't help to think however that when the device goes into mass production, someone somewhere would have the opportunity to catch a snapshot, draw a sketch, whatever.

2. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I've mentioned this before, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the iPhone 5 looks exactly like the iPhone 4, so there's nothing really to leak. We may have seen people using them all over, but you wouldn't be able to tell. (and none of this "the new guts are masquerading inside the shell of an iPhone 4" BS). (and I totally spelled masquerading right the first time...)

3. Liquinn Suspended

Not sure, not going to bother buying one anyway. Maybe they have nothing to leak, it could be anyones guess.

4. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

Same design as the iPhone 4 is a huge possibility, as we've seen more than a few rumors claiming the same. I just can't help to think that the designs we've seen with the thinner phone and wider capacitive touch home button came from somewhere. People keep comparing that design to the older rounded edge iPhone, but I can't help comparing it to the iPad 2 design. The brushed aluminum rounded back would be quite slick if you ask me.

5. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

How can nothing leak? Maybe there is nothing to leak. Maybe there won't be a new iPhone 5 or 4S or even new iPods.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I have been thinking this more and more....

How in the hell with the probably 1000's of employees that work at apple can nothing ever get leaked?? Even if the department that works on the next gen iPhone is as small as say maybe 100-200 people...How can they keep so tight lipped about it? Are they offered huge bonuses or something if word does not get out?

Executives as all the major retail stores, I understand they all have to probably signed NDA's, even still, you know some of them must go home and tell there wives about it so they can get some serious head afterwards. Also what about about the people below them that are creating the iphone pages for there respective websites????? How can they not leak anything? There probably just people in there 20's and 30s who are as excited about it as we are.

Case Manufacturers? All the heavy hitters in the case industry must have the specs on how to create the cases by now, how leaks not appear from them????

The biggest though is the first one, all these people at apple and no one leaks stuff, its just unreal how tight of a ship they run, its unheard of this day in age.

I am just waiting for that day where an ex-Apple employee spills it all about how they really operate, its bound to happen one day..

7. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

What are you talking about, there's been plenty of leaks. Case designs, cases, battery, front and rear panels, camera, headphone jack, etc. Where have you been?

8. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

umm ya from from no name brands with cheap shells, stuff you would buy in the mall for $5 a case.

Your talking the many different case designs out there, there should be one design leaked out but many times. If i go by what your saying then we will have 300 different iphones released this year because there have been 300 different cases leaked.

9. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

LOL, this is America and in America our companies don't suicide bomb themselves

10. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

I've seen all that. I'm looking for confirmation, not parts here and there. Someone knows. Someone...

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So let me get this straight. You're not upset that there are real leaks...you're just bothered that there are also fake leaks that make everything confusing and uncertain?

Yeah...sorry. I don't think anyone has the power to stop the internet from making $&#* up.

Hundreds? I doubt more than a dozen folks know what the next iPhone looks like until they start making it. Which is why the real leaks tend to come after the factories have started making the phones. Not before.

Retail stores? They don't know anything. Why would they?

12. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

I'm not "upset" about anything, I'm just antsy to hear some news from apple on this thing. I want to know if I'll be able to boast to all the Verizon iPhone adopters who can't use an upgrade to obtain the newest goodness (assuming the 5 is a drastic change from the current design).

13. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Obviously, the iPhone 5 is Apple's top secret device, after what happened last year with iPhone 4.

That said, we're seeing numerous case leaks, and they're all the same after the rumored case design schematic was leaked. I believe that's as close as we're gonna get until we see the real thing officially.

If it's true, that Apple is working on two phones, then clearly Apple is easing up on the cheaper, iPhone 4S.

Think about the iPad 2. It was the same thing, we were able to analyze so much from the case leaks..which led to those Chinese leakers being sent to jail..

14. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Nothing to hide if it's a clone of the iPhone 4 look. They would sell even better. Happens month after month.

15. batting1000 macrumors 604

Regular Apple store employees are not given information on future products. As said above, I would not be suprised if there were less than a dozen people who were told about the upcoming products, what they look like, etc. It's probably only high up people who are in the know.

16. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Maybe they are testing out new internals in the iPhone 4? Whatever it is they are more tight lipped than our governments securities.

17. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They're not making a new iPhone. Apple's quitting, didn't you hear? Arn, time to shut down Macrumors! :D

18. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

they also have more cash on hand than our government, lol.

They're still making Macs right? ;)

19. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Oh, yes! Rumor has it that Apple sold their mobile sector to Samsung and this autumn we'll be seeing the Samsung iPhone Galaxy 4 II. :D

20. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Even better then what?

21. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Find the person who found the prototype at the tequila bar. Maybe s/he has pictures. :D

22. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

You don't understand business and companies in general I assume?

23. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The current iPhone 4?

24. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

People do still have integrity and honor their NDA agreements or show loyalty/professionalism. It isn't worth losing a job or worse to confirm something everyone already does or doesn't know. Nike has shoes that aren't public, the military has planes that aren't public, my company is changing it's name and it's not public. Yawn. Who wants to be known as the guy that lost his job over a leak. The folks that make a lot of money have too much to lose and the folks that turn the screws and don't make a lot of money have too much to lose. Especially when the thing is eventually announced nobody will remember you with the possible exception of a Darwin Award.

25. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Just wait, your company will see what you said and fire you!

Haha. All kidding aside, I agree with you. The people close enough to know about the iPhone 5 most likely value their jobs more than leaking any information. What would telling information give them anyways? Fame? Not really...