How can we email Apple about the major battery problem for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Dec 25, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

On iOS 7 ?
    It's extremely bad. JUST on wifi with lowest brightness last 2 hours and when I had iOS 6
    It last 9-11 hours.
    It's a major problem. It needs to be fixed.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

My phone's fine on iOS 7?

3. MacDawg, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Why email?
    Sounds like a trip to the Apple store is in order, or if one is not nearby, a call to Apple's support would be more helpful

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

This will be specific to your device and not symptomatic of all iPhone 5's on iOS 7
    Mine gets terrific battery life

4. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was AFTER updating to ios 7 that the battey went from 10 hours to 2 hours and no way on this earth a battery would randomly degrade that fast. It's a common problem but apple has not release a emergency update yet and that's a major problem.

5. Stu2510 macrumors newbie

Not a problem for me, I get a good 12 hours out of mine. I'd suggest that this 'major issue' is limited to your phone and certainly not a global catastrophe you're claiming

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

They didn't release emergency updates for the people with battery problems following the iOS 6, 5, 4, etc upgrades, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one for iOS 7.

Do some testing yourself. Back up your device, reset it, and then set it up as a new phone temporarily (ie do not restore from a backup). Use it for a few hours and see what the battery drain is like.

7. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a bug and many tried restore and set as new but still didn't fixed it. It's something that the software does not let the phone charge to its limits. The software lets the phone charge 30 percent. It shows 100 percent charged but it really is around 30 percent charged.

8. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I can't tell if this is serious or what. Go to the apple store if you're having such huge issue. People come to my work all the time threatening to sue us or whatever with this same attitude and it's so laughable.

9. I7guy macrumors G5

Tim Cook's email is very easy to find online: tcook@apple.com

I'm sure this is the "external" email, not the "internal" one. However, if you feel irate enough about your problem take it to the top.

10. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Just email them.

11. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Ha I've dealt with these types of customers myself, & it's hilarious.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My iPhone 5 lasts as long in iOS7 as it did in iOS6. All day and into the night, I've not incurred any problem.

I'm on wifi about 60% of the time and medium brightness. I don't think what you're getting is typical

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Have you looked into turning off some of the background tasks?

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I really don't believe your 12 usage hours out if an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 installed

15. Stu2510 macrumors newbie

16. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's common search iphone 5 ios 7 shut down at 40 percent. And the battery does extremely fast.

17. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Forum postings are never an accurate indicator of the scale of real world issues.

Always consider the source...

18. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Some of you may not be having problems but some of us are. My husband and I both have trouble with our iPhone 5, iOS 7 devices shutting down with 30% or even more battery life showing. Since this last update my phone has been terrible, I have to keep it plugged in pretty much all the time if I want to be sure it has any battery power when I need it.

I live 2 hours from the closest Apple store so a Genius Bar appointment isn't an option. I have called and the only thing they tell me to do is restore as new, but reading the forums tell me this might or might not work. I don't want to spend hours rearranging the hundreds of apps I have on my phone into folders because of this problem. My battery life on iOS 6 was great, never had a complaint. Now the phone is just annoying to use because I never know when it will decide to die. It is a problem, whether you believe it or not.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

1.Backup (be it to your computer or iCloud)
    2. Restore as new (you can live without these hundreds of apps for a 24 hour test period to see if your battery is fixed)
    3. Is your battery fixed?
    4. (if "yes" to 3) Install your hundreds of apps, knowing that you at least fixed your issue. It will take time. You can do it. I have faith.
    5. (if "no" to 3) Either take the two hour drive or send your phone in. There is no magical fix. However they will likely send you a new one if it's under warranty.

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm sorry but your only option is to visit an Apple Store to have your battery checked.

21. whattodo11 macrumors newbie

My battery life is putrid as well. I will have 25-32 % and all a sudden the phone turns off. I try and turn it back on it shows the plug on the screen. Wait a few minutes and wa la it turns back on with the same amount of juice.
    Its annoying but something Ive come to accept unfortunately.

22. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Why do you accept that behavior ? If that happen every day, your battery needs to be replaced.
    Are you out of warranty period ?

23. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

Mine had this problem before and it was fixed by restoring from icloud backup...

24. whattodo11 macrumors newbie

Yes unfortunately it is out of warranty.

25. nparmelee macrumors 6502

There are many of us who haven't had problems with our iPhone 5 with ios7. I recently had an issue, phone had been working just fine and then suddenly had two straight days of heavy battery drain, took it to the Apple store, they ran their diagnostics, battery was fine. After a few trouble shooting ideas, he took the phone in back, unplugged the battery for 30 seconds to a minute, plugged it back in and good as new again. You do need to make sure you try all the trouble shooting options first, but it is worth a call to Apple support if you are still having trouble.