How careful are you with your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clearchaos, Jul 27, 2009.

?

how careful are you?

1. 1- Not careful at all; I throw it around.

6 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  3. 3

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. 5

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. 6

7 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. 7

25 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. 8

52 vote(s)
    32.1%
  9. 9

30 vote(s)
    18.5%
  10. 10- It never leaves my hands; I'd take a bullet for it.

20 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

I'd say im about a 8. It's barely ever out of my sight/grasp, but there have been a couple times where i've dropped it by accident.

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I toss my iPhone onto my bed every now and then, but I'm pretty careful with my iPhone. Of course there have been the occasional times when my iPhone has slipped out of my hand/pocket, but nothing big. Minor scratch here and there, but otherwise, perfectly good condition.

I'd say about an 8 as well.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've been trying to see how far I can throw mine. The maximum I've got is 313 feet. :rolleyes:

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I'm common sense-careful, but I don't freak out about it. I love it, but it's still a phone. It works just as well with a few light scratches on it :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Relative to what? Anything else I've purchased in the same category of electronics? I'm fairly careful but it is just a phone really.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Like UngratefulNinja said, common-sense careful. As long as it doesn't mark it badly, I don't give two hoots. After you drop it the first time, you really kinda give up.

So giving a random number to signify how careful I am with my iPhone...42.

Unlike my old SE K750, which I distinctly remember kicking it around like a hacky sack because the iPhone was about to get released, but that phone still works now.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

I am around an 8. When I had a case on it, I used to throw it around, lol. Not literally, but you know push it around a table or something.

8. doobi18 macrumors 6502

I quite literally flair with it (throw it around). Falls 1-2m onto hard ground a couple of times a week.

1.5 yr old 1st gen, still going strong, so I must be doing something right!

Mind you, I was far more protective once upon a time, just as I probably will be with my next new one.

//doobi18

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

8. It's meant to be used. It's a phone. Handle it, use it, but do not caress it, and do not make love to it. People will laugh and point at you and call you names.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I pretty much don't advertise that I have an iPhone that someone can fondle and use b/c it's my iPhone and I can see my iPhone slipping out of their hand and crashing to the ground and exploding.....:p:p:p

11. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I'm careful with mine. It's always in its case with a rubber protector. I wouldn't take a bullet for it though. :)

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I get so worried when other people are holding my phone. Especially when there is no carpet around. Like a previous poster said, I always imagine it slipping and shattering all over the ground. :

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I'm very careful with mine. Probably too careful, i.e. I worry about it too much. But I also hate bulky cases, so I always end up putting these things in an invisible shield and then just being careful not to drop it.

14. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

I'm a two.

I don't actually 'throw it around', but it's gotta Otterbox Defender wrapped around it, so I'm not careful with it at all.

15. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I'm extremely careful. Yet the screen has gotten scratched in my jeans pocket (I don't carry anything else in the pocket except my swipe card) and the back is ruined from rubbing against my swipe card.

The scratches really annoy me though as i carry nothing in the pocket except the phone!

16. jayenh macrumors 6502

i gave a 7.

i'm not overly fussed about it. i toss it onto my bed or desk when i get in from work, didn't freak out that its cracked around the dock connector or silent switch, and don't worry too much about getting it scratched. as long as the things it's made to do are still working i'm happy

i have a cover, but it's a silicon cover. main reasons are a little bit of impact protection, and also so it grips a bit better in my pockets. i kept finding myself locking my car but seeing the phone sat on my car seat after the daily commute and didn't fancy the idea of that happening anywhere else.

17. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I said 7 as well - a "passing mark", but not at the very top or anything.

I baby this thing waay more than any other phone I've had, but I don't go too crazy about it.

18. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I used to be a little obessive about my iphone and kept it in a fat rubber case with a screen protector. Every once in awhile I would take it out over a soft towel or something (in case I accidentally dropped it while examing it for scratches. ha ha) Pretty crazy.

Then I realized the stupid thing was getting scratched anyway, and that keeping it in that case was just defeating the design and useability of the device. It's now completely naked and since I've dropped it a few times I've realized its much more durable than I thought. Without the case, it goes in and out of my pocket very easily (even with tight jeans) and looks really nice. I enjoy it so much more now that I don't obesses over it though I still try not to drop it over concrete.

19. BPresley321 macrumors regular

I used to be obsessive then realized that some form of damage is probably inevitable. Thank goodness for my case though...it's taken a fair share of bruises.

20. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Just about every phone I've owned, I've made efforts to be extra-careful with. I usually get the screen protectors, i don't slide them around hard surfaces to get scratched up, and if I drop a phone, I do freak out about it, but eventually I end up coping.

So far I've been extremely lucky with my iPhones and haven't dropped them without them being well-padded in a case. I also have an Invisible shield to avoid scratches.

Even so, I wouldn't go overboard. Fortuantely the use of cases and skins account for most everyday use, and so I don't have to be overly ginger. But if something happens and I can't help getting my iPhone scratched or cracked, well, I'll have to live with it, is all. Worst case, I've got SquareTrade.

21. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I picked 6. When I first got my 3g, I was maybe a 10 or an 11 :p
    but after dropping it a few times, once on concrete, the shock of hurting it as much kind of dwindled. I dropped it again last week and didnt think much of it. I trust the plastic case around it more.

Plus, if it breaks, I have a great excuse to upgrade :D

I'm hoping to hold out until iPhone 2010

22. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Well, I wasn't very careful with my 2G and cracked the screen on night out on the town.

When I picked up my 3GS I made sure I was ultra careful. After seeing how the Nextware acrylic case protects a 3G owned by a friend who drops his phone every other second, I picked up one of those cases.

I would highly recommend the Netware cases as I have deployed them on multiple iPhones that are abused continuously but there are some problems with it and getting it installed correctly.

23. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I was supposed to be taking my old sister's iPhone, but she decided she wanted to sell it on eBay and make some money off it. :p
    So, I have to wait until January, when I'm eligible, but when I get it, I'll be around a 7 or 8. That's how I am with my iPod touch. :D

24. toughluck macrumors member

Im not calling names but Im just saying your signature is "MyPhoneIsGod"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

-toughluck