How close are we to next Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SilentCrs, May 6, 2009.

1. SilentCrs macrumors regular

Yes, I looked at the buyer's guide (http://guides.macrumors.com/MacBook_Pro_Buyer's_Guide). While it says "mid product cycle", it seems like updates have been issued every 6 months on the dot since the early Macbook Pros.

Background: I currently own a late 2006 Macbook Pro. It's my travel laptop of choice, so I use it for everything from internet to Warcraft. I don't do anything professional on it (besides VPNing to work) but I like having a fast machine that can reasonably game. From what I'm seeing, the current Macbook Pros get about double the speed of my machine on 3DMark06 benchmarks, so it might be time for a good upgrade.

Worries: a little more than 30 days until next product cycle and a fear they might introduce 3G on all notebooks (not just this new "mystery product" that's been talked about).

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

sounds like you want to wait so wait. unless you need it RIGHT NOW there is no rush.

3. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I think it's closer to an 8 month update cycle.

But yeah, the longer you can wait, the better off you are. Unless you break down and buy two weeks before the update. That would be a fail.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

And yet it would be covered under Apple's 14-day return window...

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

you should wait if you can, but if you decide to buy now, you should not be in trouble. There might be a spec bump but i dont see apple doing any major hardware updates

6. goMac macrumors 603

I dunno, new GPU would be a big deal for me.

Even fixing existing problems like no SLI under Windows...