How come keynote slides haven't been leaked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by batting1000, Oct 2, 2011.

1. batting1000, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

batting1000 macrumors 604

Not sure if this would ever happen or not but anyone curious why slides from any upcoming keynote have never leaked or why the entire set of slides from a keynote have ever leaked?

I'm sure it's not just one person who has possession of the actual keynote presentation...

Just crossed my mind.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apple runs a tight ship. I'd be willing to bet the only people who have access to the keynote are members of the executive team.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

because only Apple top execs have the slides (and its not in their interest to leak it) compared to all the overseas factory workers who make iphones

4. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Who makes them though? I don't envision Steve Jobs (when he did keynotes) or Schiller or any Apple executive sitting on a Mac making a presentation. Other people are bound to see it.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

They are prepared as the presenter talks, the implant inside the presenter transmits the content on the fly to Keynote New Product Frenzy Pro, only available to top Apple Execs, and some abducted suppliers use it, the suppliers are drugged and not themselves when on stage.
    BTW: this technology helped developed AirPlay.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I bet they did along with the other executives. Steve's a perfectionist and I doubt he would depend on someone else for his presentation.

7. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Is Keynote New Product Frenzy Pro on the App Store, and if so, how much is it? :p

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

They're probably password encrypted, and I guess it would be too easy to find out who had access to them.

9. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

The slides must have been prepared by a trusted Personal Assistant and the file saved in a local storage, and when it leaks the presenter knows who leaks it.

10. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

I'm surprised no one has went ahead and made a fake keynote presentation.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Oh, and wouldn't it be really easy to fake, and really hard to prove genuine?

12. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Supposedly apple execs sitting in the crowd at the keynote for the original iPhone didn't know it existed until that moment. They're notoriously secretive. How hard is it to put a password on a file?

13. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Especially with all the iPhone mockups, rumors, cases, and other pictures that have leaked out.

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

15. spiralynth macrumors regular

Senior executives at most corporations have Administrative Assistants that are privy to their most private personal details. These are trusted and very well trained professionals. Among other things -- from arranging their bosses' doctors appointments to navigating their children's events -- they are also capable of creating slides ... while keeping it all under wraps.

16. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

"How come..." as in how come slides have never leaked out.

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I can attest to this 100%. Our CEO stepped down and she knew for months. Didn't tell a soul.

18. Alexs5 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Easy, every Apple employee that have seen the slides or have worked with them get one attached one of these. If any info about it leaks, they (i bet Steve Jobs from his house) activate them XD

19. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I've wondered the same thing also.

I know there were "leaked" pictures of the presentation desk that they were going to use at their events. The most recent I can think of is the iPad 1 (which ironically also had an iPhone 4 sitting besides it, but it was too dark for anyone to say it was a new iPhone).

So someone with access to at least the devices and the presentation desk was able to leak something just days before the actual presentation. I'm not sure if they'll be able to do that this time around. Would be awesome to though.

20. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

That's interesting. I just pulled up the picture and you actually can make out the iPhone 4 in the corner.

21. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Then go type that in the subject so people know they should open your thread if they want to discuss it.

22. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Yup, I remember Gizmodo showed that picture along with the iPhone 4 prototype. Funny thing is that, every one was so focused on the iPad, that I don't think anyone paid attention to that iPhone 4 sitting in the corner. People only saw it after Gizmodo leaked the iPhone 4.

23. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

There's also another image where the iPhone 4 is in plain view on top of the iPhone. :D

[​IMG]

Image courtesy of Engadget