Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
AmbitiousLemon said:
We did... :/ um... "special" favors for arn ;)

::runs away in in tears::
Shiver me timbers! Ye be mods fer that? Arrr! Arn be promisin' me such things fer me favors to 'im, but I be no cap'n as yerselves, just a buccanneer.

Scurvy rat! Aye, shame on me self and me family them favors brought, and they got me nothin' but a title me sees everywhere on these forums.

Yar, the next plank he sees be 'is last. A short walk to the Locker be his final exercise. 'Tis shameful for there to be tears in me eyes, an' I be a fine and courageous gentleman o' fortune, but thar be too much t' handle. Favors indeed. Gar! Ar, ar, ar...

** weeps inconsolably, causing parrot distress **

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mpw said:
Yeah! How about a Mod nano where their powers are restricted to just correcting others spelling or grammar but can't ban or lock threads.
That's an interesting idea... goodness, all the pirate talk makes my brain wrinkle.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Jaffa Cake said:
Careful how you wipe away those tears – you'll have your eye out with that hook...
Aye, that be why me one eye be lost already. Tis now cover'd by me patch o' shame.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i'll be a Mod Nano or Shuffle

what about iMods and Mod Photo :p
Why only iPod Mods
or iMods(as in iMac not iPod) or PowerMods? or eMods

?? WHY?

so it would be for iPods based Mods

Admins
iMods-can lock or delete thread,edit grammar and spelling
Nano Mods - can only edit spelling at grammar
Shuffle Mod- the next generation of Mods, when they find mistakes they have to tell another mod and in time they will become Nano Mods

or for Mac computers Mods
PowerMods-Admin
iMods- can delelte/lock threads and correct spelling/grammar
eMods- can only edit spelling/grammar
Mini Mods- when they find mistakes they have to tell eMods/iMods/PowerMods and in time they will become eMods/iMods/PowerMods

i copy right that idea!!

:p i'll be a Mini Mod or eMod or Nano Mod shuffle Mod :D

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
actually I think it would be interesting to here how Dr. Q, Rower_CPU, Mr. Anderson, Lemon, Mudbug, came to lend a helping hand to the website.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Koodauw said:
actually I think it would be interesting to here how Dr. Q, Rower_CPU, Mr. Anderson, Lemon, Mudbug, came to lend a helping hand to the website.

I'm pretty sure AmbitiousLemon wasn't kidding.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
rainman::|:| said:
I'm pretty sure AmbitiousLemon wasn't kidding.

I'd take a shot in the mouth to be a mod. :eek: :D
Actually I'd take a shot in the mouth for an AV, I'm a simple man.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
treblah said:
I'd take a shot in the mouth to be a mod. :eek: :D
Actually I'd take a shot in the mouth for an AV, I'm a simple man.
attachment.php

That is a little more than we needed to know.
attachment.php

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If I had the power, I'd probably abuse it and move treblah's comment to the another thread -- where it would help him the most good in his quest. :eek:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Koodauw said:
arn wanted moderation help from members who were dedicated to the site, were willing to help keep things running and play bad guy when necessary, and who seemed level-headed. The mods all qualified (luckily for me, I seemed level-headed :) ). As the membership grew, so did the number of moderators, and having mods from many time zones was a plus for the site. There are no current openings for mods, and if there were the mods would contact candidate members, not the other way around. We're lucky that there are so many members who are dedicated and helpful, whether they are moderators of not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.