How did you react when you unboxed and turned on your first new Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gblog, Jul 19, 2011.

1. gblog macrumors newbie

Hi, im working on a project for College. It's about Macs and Windows computers. I want to know the reaction of people when they bought their first Mac computers. Please describe your experience with your first Mac. Thanks a lot!

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I sharted myself.

3. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Thought the intro of my MBP was pretty nice. (Snow Leopard)
    If anyone gets gets too excited and super super careful when it was time to open the MacBook, then... you have just bought the Apple brand, not the computer itself.

4. seong, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

seong macrumors 65816

seong

lol. I want to say that every time I get a new Mac (which my current one is the second time getting one) I always go crazy about it at least for a month :cool: The new touch, new feel, new look, oh man, it's very hard to explain just with words. That was my experience when I got my aluminum Macbook Pro, not my first one, which was more exciting :) You have to get it to know how it felt!

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This is really for a college level project? You're doing a macs vs pcs project in COLLEGE?

I turned it on installed the developer tools and the Adobe suite and started doing some projects on it.

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I said AWESOME.

Then I started using it.

Nothing too interesting.

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

It's hard to put into words. When I got my iMac last year I was impressed, surprised, amazed and somewhat lost having been a Windows guy for twenty plus years. It was the first time I saw the SL welcome video and I was just like......:eek: WOW :eek:

Now when I got my Air, when I opened the box and saw that shinny aluminum body I was just thinking :cool: COOL :cool:

8. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

jizzed in ma pants. (no actually the guy in the Authorized reseller apple store helped me set it up. he took it out of the wrap, put it on a very soft cloth and told me to check for anything unusual about the computer outside. then he turned it on and i watched the intro. then set up was easy. brought it home an i was probably sleeping with it for a week or so. lol)

but its not my first time using macs, so no crying or anything lol. just feels great to finally own one myself.

9. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

lol everytime i unbox some apple product, i treat it like its box of gold or something XD

10. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Christmas, New Year's, birthday, first time getting some upon returning from Iraq.

Should I continue?

11. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I thought "oh, cool. It's a laptop." the start up video thing made me mad, it's a waste of time.

12. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Thank you for serving for our country:)

13. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

i haven't got my yet but i think i will sleep with it for a couple of days!!!!!

14. davmcn macrumors regular

I had a huge smile, and was super excited, till I noticed it has various dead pixels, and got sent back.

15. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Close, but no cigar...I **** myself.

16. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I was shocked seeing the box! I opened it up and patiently waited more so than ever with a device for it to boot up. As I watched the little welcome in like 999 languages I thought "Wow this thing is beautiful and I can't wait to fill it with content and start running it into the wall!" Haha...

17. LadyK8 macrumors member

LadyK8

I'm a female, so I was in "OMG, it's so pretty" mode.

Then I started playing around on it. :p

18. amsure macrumors newbie

Reaction when I unboxed my first Mac. Hmm, excitement, anticipation, somewhat in awe. Till I turned it on for the first time, then it became an "Are you kidding me" moment. LOL

Background. It was 1991, I was 23 and getting ready to do my post-grad and had saved for yonks to afford this, a Mac LC with 2mb ram and I think the Hd was like 20 or 40mb I cannot remember. Anyhoo, Apple had just started transitioning to System7 and apparently there was insufficient ram for the LC to boot on 2mb.

Of course I didn't know that so kept trying then it bombed!

Took it back to the reseller who said "Aww, how about buying an upgrade or downgrade to sys6." I was really upset and my dad called Apple Corp Hq and explained the situation to them. They said they would call back, which they promptly did a day or so later, directed us to another reseller and said it has been "arranged, please bring your proof of purchase and all the packing material".

We turned up at the reseller and Apple had "arranged" for a PB 140 and Stylewriter as a replacement with a letter of apology and the hope that the PB140 would be more suitable for what I was going to do and that the printer would come in handy.

Reaction when I opened the PB box was excitement, anticipation, somewhat in awe and have been a Mac user ever since.

19. Ladybug, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

The unboxing part itself did not excite me. Once I got it out and plugged it in I braced myself and turned it on. I used PC's and Windows for 20+ years so I really didn't know what to expect. I was thinking it might take me awhile to get all my hardware configured and working because in Windows it usually does. It found my network, my NAS, and my printer. By now I'm wow'd and amazed. Kind of took the wind out of my sails, there was NOTHING to set up. :eek: So I installed a few apps instead, and started enjoying it.

20. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

thought to myself about how the computer was so out of my league

21. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I got my first on Christmas morning two years ago. Although I got some other presents from relatives, I literally didn't put my Mac down that entire day and for like a week afterwards. I was completely obsessed with it and wanted to know about how everything worked. My favorite part was the welcome video, it was that small touch at the beginning that made me confident that I had made the right choice in a computer :)

22. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Cursed how long it took for Migration Assistant to copy over all my stuff

23. itzman macrumors newbie

I will tell u what i did before unbox my first mac mbp, first i hard save for a year that did build a lot of hype in me. The week i bought it I had to take my holidays for two weeks. I bought it from apple shop first customer of the day and it was faster than light speed to my house while holding my precious box. I was tired of my toshiba top of the range a year before and was crushing like full-time job.I opened the box everything was magical from packaging of individual component to the main product. That just satisfied me even if it was not going to work. Then i was ready to play, i played around it all week about 16-18hrs a day for two week. I still give it a good work out of around 12hrs-24/7 now its a over a year but its just like i bought it day one.

24. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

It's crazy to me how many people like the start up video thing; the way it went with me was after about 0.2 seconds I was over it, I would have much rather booted right into OS X.

25. mark28 macrumors 68000

My first reaction .... "why do I need to active my Mac online, Linux and Windows don't need activation online. What if I didn't have internet?" :p