how dissapointed would you be?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Austin2048, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

it seems that almost everyone is looking forward to a camera in the new 3G iPod touch. since i havent seen any proof that there will definatly be a camera in the new iPod im not sure what to think. but if you are really looking forward to a camera in the new iPod how disappointed would you be if there wasnt camera when the new iPod is released? would you buy it if i didnt have a camera but had a faster processor, better speaker, more ram, better screen, etc, etc?

2. MTI macrumors 65816

Not including a $10 vid/still camera module . . . that would be disappointing to the extent that it would be unlikely that owners of older models would upgrade and new customers will examine what other platforms are available for less. In short, it would likely mean stagnant sales of the Touch for at least a year . . . and not give them much to pitch for the holidays.

3. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

thats what i was thinkin. if apple doesnt put in a camera there isnt really isnt any reason to buy a new iPod touch for a performance upgrade. apple would lose a lot of sales. i would eventually upgrade in a few months but if the new iPod does have a camera i want one as soon as possible. id really like to know soon to cuz i really want a case for my 2G. recently ive been dropping it a lot >.> already cracked the glass digitizer

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Even if it does have a camera I dont think I will be buying one. I have a 1g and a 2g but I think I am going to get a Zune HD. I will probably buy a 3rd gen on ebay next but i wont buy it upon its release unless its really spectacular.

5. Miko macrumors member

There has been some proof such as reports of Apple ordering lots of camera's and images (photoshopped or not) of prototypes of the new ipod and cases for the new touch.

I'd buy the new ipod touch even if it didn't have a camera since I only started planning buying a touch like 3 months ago and decided to wait for the 3G.

I'd mostly use it for the apps, music and videos anyways.

6. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i really wish i could have kept my old 1G iPod touch. it would be cool to have the 1G, 2G, and the 3G

id love to have the camera feature. even though i already have a 10 megapixel Nikon S560 which is a kick ass camera. i love that thing. my flash burned out though. oh look, im getting off topic lol

7. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

I wouldn't be that disappointed (But I'd still be a little mad at Apple). I'm looking forward to it and all, but even if it doesn't happen, I'm grateful at the fact that I'm getting a new iPod Touch.

But it makes sense that they would add it. (Keeping up with the DSi, Opening up more apps to the Touch).

8. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

wont some version of the PSP have a camera too?

9. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

That's what I mean.
    If they want to keep up with the other media and gaming hand held devices, adding a camera is what Apple has to do.
    It's another add-on that would boost sales for Apple.

10. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

a camera would definatly make a higher demand for the iPod touch. it wouldnt be that hard to do either. im sure apple can add a camera without adding extra bulk. and when you think about it, lots of things today have cameras in them. computers, laptops, cell phones (not including my previous phone lol), 2 of the most popular hand held gaming devices have cameras. its time for mp3 players and iPods to start having them. apple seems to be pretty big on cameras too. most of their laptops and computers have cameras in them and im pretty sure they are standard

11. Jordan the Nerd macrumors member

Jordan the Nerd

I'm going to buy the 3rd generation no matter what! However, if I already had a iPod Touch I wouldn't bother if it didn't have a camera (unless I had a 1st gen, then I would consider it).

Its interesting how Apple will still have the iPhone 3G with its old non video camera while the iPhone's little brother, the iPod touch may have a camera that is just as good as that on the iPhone 3GS.

Jordan

12. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I honestly don't care about the camera and actually don't really want one all that much. It wouldn't make me buy one or not buy one because it didn't have it.

13. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I already have a camera so it wouldn't bother me in the least.

14. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

If it doesn't have one, i am not buying one!:eek:

I have a 1st generation

I need to upgrade!

I havn't even bought the 3.0 update

b/c the 3.0 update for the 1st generation doesn't sound fun.

15. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I agree. It's not exactly a killer feature.

16. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I am buying one either way. But I really hope it does. Because I will hate carrying a phone, iPod and a camera Since it will probably get the 3GS processor, its still good. Even if its not noticeably faster than the 2G, I dont want an outadated iPod.

17. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Personally, I like my 2G so much I don't care if Apple releases a 3G this September. I can't see what they'd add that would make me want to upgrade.

18. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I don't want a camera, just lots of storage space! a 256GB SD would be a nice step in the right direction

19. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I can only see myself upgrading from my 2g if it has a speed boost like the 3gs and we start seeing more games supporting it with more depth and better graphics, a camera would just be a bonus:cool:

20. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

I don't think an iPod has ever had that much storage space.
    But, camera or not, I'm still buying one. (Partly because I don't have an iPod Touch and I can't afford an iPhone.) A camera is just something that would make me want it even more.

21. womble2k2 macrumors regular

The addition of a camera alone wouldn't make me want to upgrade. I have a very good compact camera, and a good camera on my N95 8GB.

What makes the 3G more valuable, will be the same processor as the iPhone 3GS and the doubling of memory capacity for each price point.

I also suspect that they could throw in the GPS / compass facility, although this would go against Apple's plan for making people want to upgrade again to an iPhone.

I was also hoping that it might be slightly thinner again, a slighly improved loudspeaker, wireless charging (very unlikely) and a built in microphone (voice control?).

Looking at the wider picture though, the iPod Touch has always been aimed at those who don't want to buy an iPhone, yet. It is used to get people used to (addicted to?) the touch interface and key features. For Apple to decide which iPhone features go in to the iPod touch is a balancing act. Too few and they'll lose sales to potentially Zune HD, to many and they might lose iPhone sales, which have higher margins.

It would be good for Apple to include a feature on the iPT that isn't on the iP3GS but I can't think of what that could be?

Phil

22. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

I think it's pretty much certain the new iPods will get cameras, pictures can be Photoshopped but video don't lie.

23. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Actually, videos lie all the time, and they can be Photoshop'd. Then moving all of the edited frames to After Effects and putting it together into a smooth video.
    Camera editing, keyframing, and extensive work in Photoshop (Then exported to After Effects) are only some of the ways to edit videos.
    Don't trust all videos, although it may look real.
    (But personally, it looks real to me.)

24. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

It would be much harder to make a fake video though, putting that lens in the same place with the right reflections and everything in every frame manually...

25. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Yeah. It looks real to me, I'm just saying that it is possible to have video trickery.