How do I change the sound on the apple watch. HATE the ding!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Korican100, May 1, 2015.

1. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I am just not a fan of the bell ding. Other than that, the watch is everything I dreamed it to be.

Is there anyway to change it? Surely apple did not lock us in to this one sound?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

So far, no options for sound/tone changes that I am aware of.

3. RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

Just take it off completely. The little taps should be enough.

4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

That's what I did. I also turned of sound notifications on my phone too now. Except for phone calls.

5. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Go to the app on your phone and change from "Mirror to iPhone" to "Custom" from there you can change the settings .

I just found this out , it was driving me crazy . Though I did leave the sound for important notifications for the moment . I have to get used to the haptics which are not very strong .

To answer the OP , I don't think you can change the sound , just make it higher or lower .

6. jjlannoo Suspended

You can leave those on. The phone won't make notification sounds unless your actively using it while your wearing the watch.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I believe Apple's reasoning for this is that they want different notifications to have a distinct sound and "feel" to them. The taps are subtly different, and the sounds were designed to correspond to the taps so that the wearer could, over time, pick up on these cues to know what type of notification they were receiving before they even looked at the display.