How do I dance?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

ya i just got back from aparty..... i want to ask you guys something thats been on my mind since i was a young'un!!!!!!

HOW DO ID ANCE!!!!

i cant dance!!!!!!!!!!! whether it be by myself, with a girl, i cant grind right, i cant slow dance right, i cant do NOTHING! help me macrumors! im sure we got a few michael jacksons in here!!! get ya groove on getcha getcha groove on!

i still do it and yeah its kinda embarassing but hey whatever right!!!

anyways ya do i take classes? do i just admit im white and dont got a groove? or what??? help me!!!!!

2. stroked Suspended

stroked

If you can't even slow dance, there probably isn't any hope for you.

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

i mean i can do that kinda i mean just the my hands on her hips her hands around my neck kinda thing but damn nothing more than that really it sucks i feel this world has so much 2 offer and there are many beautiful women out there i want to meet through the art of dancing i just cant comprehend how to communicate through my body without looking like an ass ah man im tearing up im getting emotional now gotta leave love ya macrumors!

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Lessons. Great way of meeting women, by the way.

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Who might be at the same level or worse than you. It's a win-win!

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I heard a story from a man who told about taking a line dancing class at a local cowboy joint. He spent the first half of the class looking around the room at others and comparing himself to what they were doing, and generally making himself self-conscious.

Eventually, he began to loosen up, stop worrying about whether his moves were "right," and just went with it. He finally started to enjoy the experience, and he realized that it wasn't about whether there was a right or wrong way, just whether or not you enjoyed it.

Dance in a way that makes you feel happy. Don't worry about the rest, you'll only take the joy away.

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Dancing has never been important to me. And I don't know if I can dance or not because I never tried. But if it's really important to you then just take some classes or let a friend teach you.

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Just a hunch, but based on this post perhaps a slightly lower BAC would help. ;)

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Go take a few lessons, I am sure there are clubs and or dance studies that will show you a wide variety of moves and styles.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh boy... sorry about that guys!

So classes may help? Are they usually expensive? And what kind of dance do they teach.

12. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Beer will help. It won't actually help of course, but it will make you think you dance like Michael Jackson!

Or lessons I guess.

13. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Classes help and practice. Put on some tunes in your place and dance no matter how stupid you look. You'll get better and better each time. Watch some videos of someone you want to emulate. Michael Jackson may be a bit much, but you could look at Justin Timberlake for example. Keep grooving and practicing on your own and you'll see how you improve and how much more comfortable you are when in public. No one shows up to the big dance ready to perform without practicing. Work at it, you can't fail.

14. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

They teach all kinds of dances of course.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How can you forget the best clip ever.

16. Huntn, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Beer was the best selection in this thread! :)
    Easy answer: get a friend to help you, ideally a girl you are interested in, or take lessons.

Option1:

Tried to find a good "Hustle" (70's era) video, the closest thing to modern ball room dancing but none were to be found. :D