How Do I Get This Homescreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shakeman0, Sep 11, 2010.

1. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

2. supervelous macrumors 6502

Hey, that's my screen! I'm flattered....lucky for you I'm no so great at this stuff so it should be easy for you to do. I can't explain now bc I have to run to an appointment but I'll try to spell out the steps later. Here's what is used in your screenshot though.

- Lockinfo
    - HTC plugin for lockinfo
    - Gridlock (for spacing - no icons on top of screen where widget is, space for tree) can also use iblank but Gridlock much better b/c would need winterboard to get rid of iblank shadows

- Suave HD icons
    - OpenSSH
    - Fake Carrier (for apple logo at top of screen and carrier logo)

I'll try to detail the steps later, but please read my thread on 1st page - the 2.3.6.6 version of lockinfo does not allow me to put icons on the page with the HTC plug-in...had to downgrade to cracked older version to regain that. If you already have lockinfo you should be good.

Here is my setup now, which is about the same, except I am using Winterboard to get rid of the folder background and borders and 4.0.1 signal bars only.

Also, you could download Suave HD and enable via Winterboard and the folders would be more in the Suave HD style - in the screenshot you are showing I SSH my Suave icons in so the folders are Apple stock.

[​IMG]

3. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Thanks! This is a great home screen!

4. supervelous macrumors 6502

OK here it goes - I'll do my best to explain and if I'm not clear on anything let me know and I'll try to elaborate as best I can.

You can download the Suave HD icons and theme at the following link:

http://suavehd.xengi.org/

I believe they even have instructions on how to install. Now you can download the whole theme and SSH it into your themes folder on your phone, and it should then show up in Winterboard. Or you can download the icons individually. The theme would be easier if you don't mind using Winterboard.

Once you download the icons (.png files), if you didn't want to use Winterboard for the whole theme, you would dump them in /var/stash/Applications then pick the program you want to replace the icon. In the folder there should be a file called icon@2x.png - this is the stock icon. What I usually do is I rename the stock icon so I can use it later if I want - don't delete or at least not without backing up. I name is something like icon@2x_default.png. Then drop the new icon in there and name it icon@2x.png and respring and it should be changed. There may be an easier way to do this but this is how I do it, no expert.

In Lockinfo settings, enable Homescreen, set Page Indicator to On (homescreen graphic instead of dot), Existing First Page to On, and also make sure Transparency bar at bottom is all the way to the left. Also need the HTC Lockinfo plug-in and enable it for the Homescreen in Lockinfo, Settings, Plug-ins. The weather should default to the first weather location setup in the Apple native weather app.

Download Gridlock from Cydia, and that will allow you to place your icons wherever you want them, so they don't default to the top. Also, in this screenshot I am using Five Icon dock and Five column Springboard, both from Cydia as well.

Fake Carrier from Cydia will allow you to set your AT&T and time in the status bar to whatever you want. The white apple symbol is from Glyphboard, it is an Iphone web app and should install on your phone if you go to the following url:

http://mrgan.com/gb/

THen you copy and paste any of the symbols in there - so you can set the apple symbol to replace time using Fake Carrier or as a folder name.

The only other thing I'm not sure I can help you on is the dock...I don't remember where I got it, I believe from the CLassica theme, and SSH it into my phone. I'll try to figure out and reply again.

Someone already posted the wallpaper in case you want to use too. Let me know if any questions.

5. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

None at all! Thanks for the fantastic instructions!

6. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Would you kindly just post two of your icons for me as a London. I followed that suave HD theme and the icons have a black border very ugly. Anyways please if you don't mind just give me a link to your phone and message icons.

Thanks
    AE

7. supervelous macrumors 6502

I don't have them on this cpu and also don't have openSSH to get them off my phone. I'll try to get you these sometime tomorrow and post them up here.

Some of my Suave Icons (my facebook and some others) have that black border, and some don't, and I don't know why so probably can't help you there.

8. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi

Thanks for your respond. It's ok you can post it whenever you have time. I only need the phone and message icons.

Thanks again,
    AE

9. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

I'm having an issue with the LockInfo side of this. I used Gridlock to clear some space at the top for the weather. I then got the Weather PlugIn for LockInfo. When I enable it, however, two things happen:

1. It shows up on the Lock Screen AND on the Homescreen. I only have it enabled on the HomeScreen but there it is on my Lock Screen. Can't figure out a way to remove it from the LockScreen other than to disable the LockScreen.

2. I can't actually select any of the icons on the HomeScreen. The weather shows up in the right place and looks great but I can't actually select any of the apps on the homescreen to open them.

Any ideas? I've tried all the setting without any luck. I know it's something small like Plug-In order or something but I just can't figure it out. Thanks

Pritam

10. supervelous macrumors 6502

You don't need to have the weather plug-in active for this look....just the HTC plugin for Lockinfo....

I actually don't use Lockinfo for my lockscreen only for my homescreen as I prefer a clean lockscreen look so can't help you with that one

2. I started another thread on not being able to select the apps on the homescreen. It is a bug in version 2.3.6.6 of Lockinfo and the developer acknowledged that. To get that back I had to downgrade which I could only do using a cracked version. However, the dev has released an update on his beta repo source to 2.3.7.0 which fixes this issue so I have upgraded to that and can confirm this issue is fixed.

To get the beta repo go to manage, sources, add and add http://david.ashman.com/beta/ to your repo sources....then upgrade your version.

11. supervelous macrumors 6502

Here are the Phone, bitesms (messages) and my alternate mail icon I am using. The Messages on the screenshot is actually my bitesms app, I just renamed it and hid the regular messages app, because I use bitesms as my default sms.

Edit: Added the dock image - you would place this at /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and replace the file named SBDockBG@2x.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. supervelous macrumors 6502

Here is my current updated setup in case anyone has questions or needs direction on anything else I'm using.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hey

I really appreciate your help and I have moved the icons to my phone.

I sadly have to report that the black background is still there. I'm wondering whats the cause of this. On the computer, the images look fine and without the black background. Is it possible that when i installed winterboard long time ago, I created that effect? I have had it uninstalled for a while, but I always heard about shadows disappears on ios4 when using winterboard. can it be a after effect?

I just noticed that you have these backgrounds too, but yours are worst than mine.

Thanks in advance,
    AE

14. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

[/QUOTE]

What is this called for the music player?

15. supervelous macrumors 6502

not sure how to fix that. and yes its bad on my apple multitask bar as you can see from that screenshot. but on my homescreen the icons show up fine without that black border. i moved the phone and messages icons off the dock to make sure there it wasn't just that the black border was there but I couldnt seenit bc of the black background. but when on a nonblack background there was no border. only on multitask. i'll try to figure this out though

16. supervelous macrumors 6502

What is this called for the music player?[/QUOTE]

Music Controls app in Cydia. Get the controls on apple multitask screen, also album art and swipe controls on lockscreen when music playing, and also artist and/or song displays on status bar. nice app

17. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Music Controls app in Cydia. Get the controls on apple multitask screen, also album art and swipe controls on lockscreen when music playing, and also artist and/or song displays on status bar. nice app[/QUOTE]

Not what i thought :/
    Thanks anyway though.
    Thought it maybe added a different functionality to the original music spot in multi tasking

18. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

19. mefromfl macrumors newbie

20. supervelous macrumors 6502

Just download Lockinfo and the HTC Plug-in for Lockinfo - the 5 day forecast is part of HTC plug-in - you can tap the top section to collapse the 5 day as well.

21. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yea I tried to fix it yesterday and see what I can do. I currently am on a school computer but I'll try to SSH into my phone and crop the image just enough to avoid that border and see what happens. I'll update you on that.

BTW you motivated me to install lockinfo again after seeing your screenshot. One of the things I first downloaded when the jailbreak came out and Lockinfo was updated for iso4 was lockinfo, but it was damn buggy at that time and I was more interested in using it on my lockscreen rather than home screen.

I mentioned to you in one of my previous posts, the bug that HTC plugin causes on the lockscreen. I'm not sure if you recall but it had to do with when I double clicked to bring up the media controls, then tried to forward tracks. Going from a cover art song to one that doesnt have cover art, the media controls disappear and HTC plugin appears magically, also happens the other way around (ie non cover art to cover art). I emailed the lockinfo developer with no luck.

Anyways wanted to show an update of my homescreen.

Previous look:

[​IMG]

New look:

[​IMG]

Black border around phone and messages icon (not as bad as yours though)

[​IMG]

NOTE: All credit goes to you, I'm not stealing this look or calling it mine. Just borrowing the look for myself, with credits given to you ;):apple:

Thanks & keep me updated.
    AE

22. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

That looks great aelalfy! And thank you to supervelous for all the info over the last few days. It's given me the confidence to finally attempt sshing into my phone and I've been able to change some stuff that I've always wanted to. Thanks!

23. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yea it's great to have people to discuss things with and share ideas and stuff. And I'm glad some were able to help (supervelous to be credited).

If you have any questions you know where to find us.

MacRumors rocks!!

Thanks
    AE

24. supervelous macrumors 6502

I agree aelalfy, your new homesceeen looks great, like how you went without the 5 day forecast, I sometimes take that out and post another set of icons/folders up there myself - got so sick of the plain grid look.

This setup is going to look even better when HTC Plug-in for Lockinfo is updated for Retina display. I made my weather icons small size in settings because of their fuzziness when large due to not being updated for retina.

Also, I'm reading up on how to get rid of some of the black borders. Today I'm using the Suave HD theme and it seems to get rid of the shadows in some cases, like on multitask bar. However, like alot of others I prefer to not use Winterboard if possible, and rather SSH my own icons in...so if I figure it out I'll report back.

I read around in some forums and apparently the HTC plug-in dev is working on updating for Retina so I think we'll get it soon (hopefully).

Oh and thanks for the appreciation but really I can't take credit for this, just a compilation of other people's work really and I've seen people on these boards with similar setups - but I'm glad if I helped someone in steps to recreate their own version.

:)