How do I jailbreak IOS 4.0.2 on the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by meesarules, Aug 19, 2010.

1. meesarules macrumors newbie

I unknowingly updated my jailbroken iPhone 4 to 4.0.2 believing that Jailbreakme would work with it. Little did I know that it does not. So now I'm stuck with IOS 4.0.2 and I can't find a single guide to jailbreaking it on the iPhone 4.
    I tried downgrading it to IOS 4.0.1 but it didn't work. Itunes just said that the restoration has failed.

Please help me as I really can't stand my iPhone's un-jailbrokenness

2. Voltik macrumors newbie

I just got my iphone 4 with 4.0.2 and cant downgrade to 4.0.1. It gives me an error when verifying with apple. How are people downgrading to 4.0.1? Please someone help.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

apple might have stopped signing it so you might be sol unless you have your shsh saved you'ed be sol. Really they should have done it last week somebody was sleeping at Apple.

4. Voltik macrumors newbie

Could I save the 4.0.2 shsh with tiny umbrella and use that somehow to downgrade to 4.0.1?

5. Kayan macrumors 6502

6. Kayan macrumors 6502

OP is out of luck until another JB comes out (after 4.1) unless he had Cydia save his SHSH. Lots of threads on this forum talk about this topic since you're one of the millionth people that has asked about this issue. Just read around for a week and you'll know just as much as the rest of us about SHSH/JBing

7. meesarules thread starter macrumors newbie

Saved by Cydia?

I read that when you go into Cydia it saves an SHSH for you that you can use.
    Does this SHSH remain even after I've restored my iPhone to 4.0.2? I had to do this because I screwed up while trying to downgrade or jailbreak it.

8. Voltik macrumors newbie

Crap Apple isnt signing 4.0.1 anymore and I just bought the phone today with 4.0.2. :(

9. Kayan macrumors 6502

Yes it is still saved if you were able to see a message at the top of Cydia that said that the "SHSH for this device is saved..." or something to that effect. It only saves it if you pushed the "Make my life easier button" when Cydia first opened on your iPhone.

10. meesarules thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did press that option. So my SHSH is saved now? How do I use it to downgrade my iPhone?

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

if it has 4.0.1 on it your fine just go to www.jailbreakme.com and your done just do not upgrade your firmware.

12. Kayan macrumors 6502

I can't believe that they signed up until now. But yes, I feel your pain...I returned my black i4 for a full refund so that I could wait for the white one to come out, but then that one got delayed twice and now it's indetermined when its coming out...makes me mad.:mad:

13. Kayan macrumors 6502

Thought he said it had 4.0.2...in any case, it's still a problem just in case he needs to restore to fix a problem.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

15. meesarules thread starter macrumors newbie

16. Kayan macrumors 6502

I've never had to do this myself, but make sure that you've selected the Cydia server and that you device is plugged in...do some troubleshooting for yourself. Also read the ReadMe file that comes with it, should have some good pointers.

17. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, as of about 4PM EST Apple quit signing 4.0.1
    TinyUmbrella has not been updated to save 4.0.2 hashes so...

You cannot save any hashes now until TU gets updated (then you will only be able to save 4.0.2 hashes)

19. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

You can use Umbrella to see what SHSHs you have on file though. If you were jailbroken, you should 4.0.1 on file already.

Make sure you edit your hosts file, then downgrade.

20. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Notcom has put up a new version of TU (4.02.04) for saving 4.0.2 hashes.

Too late to get 4.0.1 hashes from Apple, but if they were previously saved via Cydia/Saurik's server, you can save them to your computer.

21. Resevdog macrumors regular

D'oh! I've read all around but I just didn't see an answer...

So I had a 3g, jailbreak, saved shsh on cydia. But yesterday, I got lucky and walked into an Apple Store that had i4's in stock. They now ship with 4.0.2 installed so, here's my issue: I can't downgrade to 4.0.1 on a new device, correct? I have shsh's on file for my 3g, but those are device specific, correct?

BTW, love my new phone. Just miss my freedom.

22. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

just wait to upgreade to 4.1 it will jailbreak in few hours.

23. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

HA! you must've got your i4 july 31.

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you I4 has 4.0.2 and you don't have shshsaves for that device the you will have to wait for the next jasilbreak which should be 4.1 however nobody know when the dev-team will release it. I doubt it will be with in hours. :rolleyes: but hopefully days of the release. but nobody knows for sure, or if they will be able to use jailbreakme.com again we will have to wait.

25. Resevdog macrumors regular

Thank you for the responses. Was hoping maybe we would get a jailbreak for 4.0.2 to tide us over. But I guess since 4.1 is coming soon, why waste the coding time, eh?