Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aevan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I just did a clean install of Yosemite, then installed the El Capitan beta. Since I have a developer account, I just installed it from my purchased tab in the App Store. After the install, it does not show that any updates are available. I was expecting it to install DP1 and then upgrade to DP3, but instead, it's not showing anything new. Is it possible that it already installed DP3? I am not sure, kind of hard to tell. Is there any way to know? Thanks.

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
yes it installs the latest build from the app store link, you can also check 'About This Mac' and it should say "10.11 Beta (15A216g)" for DP beta 3 build.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 9.49.55 PM.png

The App Store would download the most recent version that's in DP.

Last edited:

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
don't worry, it's a bug that's been there since DP beta 1 where it sometimes shows the wrong version, closing it re-opening the about this mac window a few times should eventually show the right thing.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I just did a clean install of Yosemite, then installed the El Capitan beta. Since I have a developer account, I just installed it from my purchased tab in the App Store. After the install, it does not show that any updates are available. I was expecting it to install DP1 and then upgrade to DP3, but instead, it's not showing anything new. Is it possible that it already installed DP3? I am not sure, kind of hard to tell. Is there any way to know? Thanks.
Here is a screenshot from About This Mac where you can see it says "Version 10.11 Beta (15A216g)". If yours looks like this, you're running beta 3.
10-11-beta-png.567193

If not, there is an issue some others are having: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-update-from-el-capitan-beta-1-to-beta-3.1899041/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.