How do I know which DP version I have

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by aevan, Jul 8, 2015.

1. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

I just did a clean install of Yosemite, then installed the El Capitan beta. Since I have a developer account, I just installed it from my purchased tab in the App Store. After the install, it does not show that any updates are available. I was expecting it to install DP1 and then upgrade to DP3, but instead, it's not showing anything new. Is it possible that it already installed DP3? I am not sure, kind of hard to tell. Is there any way to know? Thanks.

2. SG- macrumors regular

SG-

yes it installs the latest build from the app store link, you can also check 'About This Mac' and it should say "10.11 Beta (15A216g)" for DP beta 3 build.

3. mmomega, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 9.49.55 PM.png
    The App Store would download the most recent version that's in DP.

4. SG- macrumors regular

SG-

don't worry, it's a bug that's been there since DP beta 1 where it sometimes shows the wrong version, closing it re-opening the about this mac window a few times should eventually show the right thing.

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Here is a screenshot from About This Mac where you can see it says "Version 10.11 Beta (15A216g)". If yours looks like this, you're running beta 3.
    [​IMG]
    If not, there is an issue some others are having: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-update-from-el-capitan-beta-1-to-beta-3.1899041/