Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
I'm trying to remove "WDNotifier" from ever loading when I boot.

Can someone direct me where to do this?

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
It should be in /Library/StartupItems.

I don't have a folder called "StartupItems" in my Library folder. I don't have LaunchDaemons either.

Is there a "see hidden folders" box I need to check or something? haha.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you looked into Macintosh HD > Library for a Startup Items folder or in Macintosh HD > Users > You > Library?
It's in Macintosh HD > Library.

Also to view hidden files and folders in Finder, open Terminal and paste the following:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To hide those files again, replace TRUE with FALSE.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I don't have a folder called "StartupItems" in my Library folder. I don't have LaunchDaemons either.

Is there a "see hidden folders" box I need to check or something? haha.

You should have two Library folders. The first is just in Macintosh HD, the second will be in your own home folder (the same folder that your Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. folders are in). Check them both for those things first, it may be in the one you didn't look in :)

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
You should have two Library folders. The first is just in Macintosh HD, the second will be in your own home folder (the same folder that your Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. folders are in). Check them both for those things first, it may be in the one you didn't look in :)

This helped a lot. Thanks so much. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.