How do I transfer Outlook Express emails to Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applefan289, Jun 28, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I have an old Windows computer and have some important emails I should move to my Mac (Mail). There doesn't seem to be any easy way to transfer them. I went to the import option in Mail, but Outlook Express is not one of the options for importing.

If I can't put them into Mail easily, should I just export my whole Outlook Express library of emails and store them on my Mac (and Time Capsule) for the future for safekeeping? I'm trying to think about what to do with old, but important Outlook Express emails...

2. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Nah, those aren't really easy ways. I've already seen those websites. One of them takes you to a foreign site. The other requires the use of extra software.

I guess I will just keep them on my Mac and not use them. If I ever need to retrieve them, I will have to use a Windows computer with Outlook Express. I'll probably never need them, it's just one of those things. :rolleyes:

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

There is an app in the App Store for this. I just did it. The Lite Free version will convert something like 70 or 100 emails. The pro version which was like $2 will convert as many as you have. I converted almost 1000 emails from an Outlook PST to Apple Mail format. Works perfectly.

4. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Great, thanks, what's the name of it?

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

Off hand I forget and I am not at my Mac. I searched something like Outlook to Apple Mail Convertor and found it. There was only one app IIRC. But it was very easy, basically you archive or export all your Outlook mail to a file. Put that file somewhere on your Mac, I used the desktop. Open the app, select the folder where your Outlook mail is, and then it will convert it all to a folder on your Desktop or where ever you say. Then open Mail, import the converted email and done. After, delete or archive the old Outlook file if you want.

EDIT**Found it**

Email Converter ProBy Nagy EDV (D.I. Jozsef Nagy)