Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I like the size of SE as it can readily fit in my front pocket and I can sit without having to remove it or feel awkward.

How do you carry XR?

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I like the size of SE as it can readily fit in my front pocket and I can sit without having to remove it or feel awkward.

How do you carry XR?
Usually back pocket.
Just checked & it fits in front pocket of my jeans. I don’t wear tight or dad jeans.
Is in a Spigen Liquid Air case.
I came from 8+ and XS.

Reactions: Starship67

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
The problem is when you sit. Do you always take it out of the pocket?

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This was actually one of my biggest motivators for going with an 8 instead of an XR. I always keep my phone in my front left pocket and the 8 fits comfortably, but the XR was getting to be a bit much and it seemed like it might be uncomfortable to keep it there and I didn't want to have to take it out every time I sit down.

Reactions: Cape Dave

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Front left pocket for all phones I’ve owned regardless of pants or shorts. The XR is just small enough to not poke me in the hips when I sit. My 6 plus pokes me in the hips depending on the pants.

Strangely, when I had the 8, in pants with bigger pockets..my 8 would sometimes rotate until it sits sideways in my pants. I found the way more annoying than the 6 plus.

Reactions: mprime_17

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I rarely carry a phone in a front pocket of jeans. Maybe shorts. From a small test it seems the XR would be fine in my front pocket.

Last edited:

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I normally carry it with my left hand but then switch to my right hand. And then switch to my left hand. And then back to my right hand.

Reactions: i-Liam and PBz

cornerexit

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Case with holster. I clip the holster either on the belt, under a shirt or front right pocket.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
This was actually one of my biggest motivators for going with an 8 instead of an XR. I always keep my phone in my front left pocket and the 8 fits comfortably, but the XR was getting to be a bit much and it seemed like it might be uncomfortable to keep it there and I didn't want to have to take it out every time I sit down.

How tight is your jeans?! I keep my Xs max in the front pocket as well without any discomfort at all. I wear slim fit as well.

Reactions: AppleWes

webbga

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
Side holster -the same way I have carried every iPhone I have ever had.Easily accessible, I don't have to remove it when I sit down, and I don't have to worry about it falling out of a front pocket. I clip it on my belt and there it stays. Before I retired there were a few people at work who made fun of the way i carried my phone. One of those individuals damaged his when he forgot to remove it from his back pocket before sitting, another one slipped in the parking lot and his flew out of his front pocket and his screen busted when it hit ice.

Reactions: Jades and Easttime

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
The problem is when you sit. Do you always take it out of the pocket?
I'm on my 5th or more glass screen protector and they've all broke, usually a horizontal crack across the screen. All I suspect were cause by putting the phone in my back pocket. No damage to the actual phone screens though.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I'm on my 5th or more glass screen protector and they've all broke, usually a horizontal crack across the screen. All I suspect were cause by putting the phone in my back pocket. No damage to the actual phone screens though.

This is an example of why glass screen protectors are borderline worthless for screen crack protection. There is x% chance the iPhone screen will crack if dropped. The probability of the thin glass added has a higher probability of cracking. With any drop the odds play out. When they play out as expected and protector cracks and screen doesn’t the ‘hook’ has been set. Folks become believers.

Not a popular statement but better that people know and make informed decisions with hard-earned $.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
How tight is your jeans?! I keep my Xs max in the front pocket as well without any discomfort at all. I wear slim fit as well.
I tend to wear jeans and pants which are fitted, but not skinny (I think the cut of the jeans I usually wear is called slim straight). That said I do work out a fair bit (cycling, HIIT & weight training) so my thighs are a bit bulkier than the average guy which probably doesn't help.
[doublepost=1544905707][/doublepost]
Although maybe the issue is that the pockets in my jeans aren't deep enough - I found it peeked out the top of my pocket when standing and thus would dig into my hip when sitting down...

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I tend to wear jeans and pants which are fitted, but not skinny (I think the cut of the jeans I usually wear is called slim straight). That said I do work out a fair bit (cycling, HIIT & weight training) so my thighs are a bit bulkier than the average guy which probably doesn't help.
[doublepost=1544905707][/doublepost]
Although maybe the issue is that the pockets in my jeans aren't deep enough - I found it peeked out the top of my pocket when standing and thus would dig into my hip when sitting down...

Yep same here. I workout regularly, so my thighs are snug in my jeans as well but the phone still doesn’t stick out for me. I think the pocket size issue is probably the reason in your case.

Last edited:

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

How do you carry XR?

The 8 plus is bigger than the Xr, is it not? Mine fits in my front pocket, and goes in and out fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.