How do you carry your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hp200lx, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hp200lx macrumors regular

I was wondering with the total lack of 3g iphone cases with belt clips(except for one belkin one I believe), how do you carry your iphone? I tend to keep it in my front pocket of the shirt I'm wearing but I know that is far from safe. I'm new to this whole iphone thing haha, I was wondering how everyone carries theirs to keep it safe and all. Thanks guys !:)

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I don't have one of the 3Gs, but if I did, I would carry it just like I carry my first gen- naked, in my left front pocket. No case, no screen protector, nothing.

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I keep mine nude in my front left pocket. I think putting a case on such a beautiful device is a sin.

4. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I have mine naked and in my front tight trouser pocket - not the one with keys and coins in it though! :)

5. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Im on board for the naked crowd, with mine in my front right pocket or sometimes in my back right pocket.

6. WHM macrumors regular

I always carry mine in either front left pant pocket or the left rear. Ordered a Griffin Wave case and could not be any more satisfied... GREAT CASE. On the original I used an Agent 18 but now I like the Wave much better. It's not to bulky to put in pocket and just enough slip resistant not to slip out of you hand... in a word PERFECT.

7. jlanuez macrumors 6502

InvisableShield

I put the InvisableShield on it as it gives it a NON-SLIP grip.
    Front right pocket (with change, keys, etc...).

To get the rear sheild on - I had to cut off all of the "wings" that protect all 4 sides!

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

naked, but my the back on my black 16 GB is getting little scratches. Lots of them, and it's only in my pocket with my wallet made out of dyed and kinda glossy canvas, that's it. nothing else.

Vaja Ultra Slim Retro Bag on the way!

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

10. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

you guys are crazy doesnt your phone get all scratched up???

i use a bestskinsever screen protector and i put it in an incase. i dont really like it though its one of the holster type ones...

11. ACbc macrumors member

i've had my 3g iphone for 6 days now. didn't own the 1st gen. I've been carrying mine case-less in my front pocket. it's so slim, that it doesn't bother me at all. and with all the stress tests done to the first gen that i saw, i'm not afraid of damaging it. a few minor scratches don't bother me.

i would agree with one of the posters above, why throw some big fat ugly case on something that looks so good?

i cringe whenever i see someone whip out an iphone that's 1.5 times the size it should be, hidden in some god-awful ugly case. :)

12. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Front left trouser pocket - No case, no keys, no wallet etc.

Did this with my 1st gen model, not a single scratch in 8 months!!

Sold on eBay for £210 last week.

13. slicecom macrumors 68020

In my pocket, with no case or screen protector, the way Apple intended. ;)

14. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

15. MazingerZ macrumors 6502

MazingerZ

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

17. bmms8 macrumors 68020

sena ultra thin pouch. really starting to like it.

18. cvong macrumors newbie

i currently have an incase and soon getting a bodyguardz! :)

19. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I'm naked too!!

Although I am looking for a case. I LOVE the look naked, but I must admit I am slightly terrified of dropping it or something... But I'm holding out until I find the perfect, beautiful fit!!

20. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Very dangerous, because if you drop something then bend over to pick it up the iPhone will slid out of your pocket and if this is on concret....

21. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I just sold my 1 yr old iPhone and got a 3G. The 1 yr old phone was flawless. It was carried in my jeans or other pants/shorts pocket, sometimes alone, sometimes with keys and change. Mostly just alone in that pocket.

Secret to keeping it flawless, not a scratch, nothing - BestSkinsEver.com skin for my iPhone (rear skin only $7 shipped, full skin $10 shipped) and a PowerSupportUSA.com Crystal Film Set for iPhone, now avail for 3G ($15 for pair of screen protectors - avail at Apple Stores).

I even dropped my iPhone face up and face down several times from my lap getting out of my car on to gravelly concrete and asphalt streets, perils of BT headsets, you forget where your phone is, and not a mark, not once.

The skin is that same 3M stuff they use on clear bras for cars. Thin enough it still fit in my docks though.

I used the Crystal Film on the screen b/c even though the Full Body Skin comes with screen component, the skin is a bit grippy/tacky which is great for not having your phone slip from your hand, I wanted a smooth feel to the screen, and the Crystal Film feels just like the naked glass.

22. Fallencircus macrumors member

Are you serious or joking? Have you seen the videos with people taking keys to the screen? I have done it myself and there is no mark on it at all, this isn't the iPod screen.

23. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

i have a dlo skin with a screen protector and its always in my front left pocket

24. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I carry my iPhone in my front short/pant packet, I have the anti-glare screen protector on it, mainly for fingerprint purposes as well as an Incipio form fitting gel skin case, to cover the chrome edges and back..

25. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I have one of these on order as well...closest thing to naked (for those times when she needs to be a little more conservative)