How do you carry your Plus-sized phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rugburn, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Rugburn macrumors member

I recently upgraded to the 7 Plus. I think I am learning to like it. Certainly adapting to holding it (I have small hands) but can't quite get the hang of carrying it.

I'm a woman, wear size 10 jeans or pants. So I get that my pockets aren't big like men's trousers. But I'm not tiny. I wear adult sized clothes. At work, I wear Khakis and try to keep it in my front pocket (I work retail, so I'm always standing). Today was my day off and I wore jeans and tried to put it in my back pocket, but it stuck out. And every time I sat down, I had to take it out of my pocket.

With my iPhone 6, I could put it in my pocket (front or back) and not even notice it until I need it. But this phone I always feel like I'm fidgeting with it, and always in danger of it falling out of a pocket.

I put it in a slim case, hoping to minimize the size, but now I worry about the durability, because I often fear it slipping out of my pocket. Any suggestions?

Hey as long as I'm sitting still, I love the phone!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I keep my 7 Plus in my front pocket and it's never fallen out. I don't use cases primarily, but it fits comfortably in their. My pockets are not to tight or loose, so it's easy to retrieve if need be, being how thing the iPhone 7 is.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

I carry my 7+ in my front pocket. Admittedly, it's a tight fit and not easy to get out if I get a call. My wife on the other hand carries her 6s+ in her purse which is loaded down with all sorts of other things that women carry around! :p

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Cargo pants. Side pocket. Back pocket otherwise.

When I sit I either hold it or put it somewhere safe.

iPhone 6s+.

5. cactus371 macrumors newbie

I use a life proof nuud case either the life proof belt clip

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some previous threads discussing this type of thing that might be of some help:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/where-do-you-carry-the-7.2024482/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/poll-how-do-you-carry-your-6-6s.1923399/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-do-you-carry-your-6-plus.1859004/

7. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

I pretty much always carry my 7+ In my jacket. Sometimes my purse but since I need it more readily accessible it's always in my jacket pocket. My phone always has a case on it which usually is a apple leather case. Slim fit, good grip.

8. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Front jeans pocket. I could fit atleast five of them in there and I don't wear oversized jeans. I do have one pair of jeans that was expensive and the pockets are quite a bit smaller. The phone reaches to the top of my pockets in that pair.

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

To be honest, I think you'll have some difficulty finding women's jeans that aren't tight.

After 2 months, I gave up on the Plus. It either didn't fit or just kept falling off even my jacket pockets and it wasn't really big enough to comfortably replace my iPad. If I need to carry a purse anyway, might as well get the largest screen that will fit. :rolleyes:

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Holster. Yep, a holster.

Have to get at my phone too many times to be fighting getting it out of my pocket.

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Cargo pants pocket, purse, or top with pockets. I make sure to wear something with pockets, as I also have a large batch of keys to carry.

13. KarmelVixen macrumors member

KarmelVixen

It totally depends on what I'm wearing. If I have leggings on an I'm not carrying a bag/purse. I put my phones in my bra lol, but I mostly put them in my pockets or a bag/purse. When I'm traveling light I use my old wick & wire case (from my vape days) to carry my phones.

14. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I usually just throw mine in my purse or a little handbag. It doesn't really fit safely in my jeans. Though I have been known to temporarily put it in my back pocket but it feels like it could fall out any second.

15. BasicGreatGuy, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am currently accepting applications for a personal (Witty, smart, affable single female who is also an Apple lover. I am not big on Sir for searches. Personal carrier should be fluent in the Dewey Decimal System, as well as being able to discuss a plethora of subjects with me, as I like to do a lot of searching) iPhone carrier.

16. Butch11 macrumors newbie

Butch11

Shirt pocket no problem, hasn't fallen out yet.

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Big fan of libraries? Misspelled "Dewey"? :D

18. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Front jeans pocket, 7 plus and no case. Haven't dropped since December. Yet. Only wear American Eagle, bootcut, 28x30. Even at work, and I'm a researcher, sooo...labcoat gets in the way sometimes, but I've been careful...actually alternate in coat pocket sometimes :) -And AirPods are amazing for this reason.

19. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

I recently switched from SE to 7 Plus. I'm surprised how quickly I've gotten used to carrying the large phone (and using it in general). I carry my phone in my front left pocket, with my wallet, and this works well enough with the 7+... I thought the size would be irritating, but (knock on wood) it stopped bugging me after a few days. I definitely "know it's there," if I think about it (unlike the SE, which was undetectable beneath my wallet); but I sort of forget about it otherwise.

Leaning way down to put on socks or something can be difficult, but otherwise I don't need to remove the phone to sit or bend. It can be hard, however, to put the 7+ into and pull it out of my pocket when I'm seated; so I'll sometimes transfer it to my shoulder bag in that situation, for easy access.

All that said, I'm a guy (who wears standard guy pants), so my situation is not analogous to the OP's.

20. edfoo macrumors regular

So no one carry their phones in a belt pouch anymore? I still do (with my iPhone 6). I wonder how uncomfortable is it with a Plus iPhone?

21. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

Not necessarily the best option for ladies, but the Plus fits perfectly into a standard men's shirt pocket.

22. edlex, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm with you. Been using the Seidio Surface holster with the Apple silicone case since the 6+.

23. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Not many out there that will fit my belt. Love the Surface as it adds little bulk but lots of grip. Good to hear others are doing the same.

24. sslade6752 macrumors newbie

I carry my iPhone 7 Plus in a apple leather case clipped onto a mophie universal belt clip on my hip. The attach and detach actions are so burned into my muscle memory I've been use it it so long.

http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-7-plus/belt-clip-universal

My backup old 6 plus I keep in my left front pocket in a mophie battery case