Poll: How do you carry your 6+/6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JulianL, Sep 30, 2015.

?

How do you carry around your iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus?

1. In a front pocket of my trousers

74.6%
  2. On a belt case

7.0%
  3. In a bag e.g. a shoulder bag or briefcase

3.5%
  4. In a pocket of a jacket/fleece/coat/etc

2.6%
  5. In a back pocket of my trousers (really?!?)

7.9%
  6. In a shirt pocket

2.6%
  7. Somewhere else (please specify)

1.8%
  1. JulianL macrumors 65816

There are lots of threads here along the lines of "Do you regret getting a 6+/6s+?", "Has anyone gone back to a 6?", etc, etc and there are lots of replies from happy 6+/6s+ owners who say things like: "you get used to the bigger size", "just accept that there will be lots of two-handed use", "using a plus for a while makes smaller screens feel like toys", etc.

My question is for happy male 6+/6s+ owners and is specifically about where you keep your phone when you're not using it. I have always kept my phone in a front trouser pocket and am pretty relieved to find that my new 6s really doesn't feel any more bulky in my pocket than my old 5 did; it is still virtually unnoticeable to me when it's in my pocket. I'd really like the bigger screen and better battery life of a 6s Plus but I worry that the extra size would be just too much and would push it over the edge as far as being pretty much unnoticeable when in my trouser pocket and that's critical to me since it probably spends 4 hours in my pocket for every hour of use.

2. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Back pocket when walking, on table/desk/surface when sitting. Though I have sat on it many times (getting in the car and hands are full, etc) and it has never bent.

It just isn't comfortable in a front pocket, especially when sitting and I hate cases.

EDIT: That was the 6+. I switched to the 6S for this generation. The phone is just too unwieldy in the + size.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I have found only 1 pair of shorts that I own that the 6+ doesn't fit in the front pocket completely. All my other shorts/jeans/pants, fits fine.

Now there are a couple of jeans that I own, that I wouldn't want to sit down with the phone in the front pocket, but I have a habit (prior to owning the 6+) of taking the phone out anyway, so I do that automatically.

Edit: I use the Apple Leather Case

4. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

Front pocket with jeans. Side pocket with cargo shorts. I wont put it in my back pocket. I'll forget it's there and don't want to test its strength when I get in my car or sit on the sofa. I'm a pretty heavy guy at 215lbs.

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I use the Seidio surface case holster with the Apple silicone case. I wore it every day with my 6+ and using it now with my 6s+.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

It goes in my purse/hand bag. I never carry phones in my pockets.

7. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

In my front pocket. I shake my head at everyone that carries it in their back pockets.

8. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

since pants or hand wasnt an option i just guessed

why is the back pocket an issue. you know you can remove it before you sit down right?

9. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

10. noobinator macrumors 601

11. Trahearne macrumors 6502

6S+, front pockets. fairly tight men shorts and trousers.

12. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

I voted "somewhere else."

Because when I had one I would leave it at home.

13. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I carry my 6s in my front pocket and usually take it out when I sit down. I have a mount for my car when driving, and usually keep it on my desk at work. I don't find it terribly uncomfortable in my front pocket when I'm sitting down, but it's not useful to me if it's in my pocket.

14. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

15. AppleRobert macrumors 603

The Plus is not going to be unnoticed in a front pocket, especially when sitting or kneeling or bending over, etc.

Trust me, I dealt with it for quite awhile, I felt that trade off was worth it for the larger screen and the things I did with it.

I have the 6s now. I'll never get that monster again! :)

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I keep it in my front pocket. There is absolutely no way I would keep it in a back pocket. Apart from the fact it's more liable to be pick pocketed I also have a concern I may not always remember to take it out before sitting down. It can be uncomfortable when sitting down and I'm also not going to take it out and put it on the desk or table out side of home for the fear of it being stolen or me forgetting it. At work I'm in an open plan area with customers going in and out so I can't leave it on my desk. I've thinking about getting a holster case and may well do so. There are some interesting ones here ...

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/iphone-cases

17. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

mostly in my purse

sometimes in my front pocket
    rarely in my back pocket
    sometimes I just carry it in my hand

18. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Back pocket. Unless I have my purse with me, if I do it goes in there. Walking around the office or whatever always back pocket.

19. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

That's exactly the way I think, which is why one of my front pockets has been dedicated solely to my phone for the past 10 to 15 years.

20. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

I place both my pluses in my front pockets. It's my over exaggerated version of body armor.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

mostly in my purse

sometimes in my front pocket
    rarely in my back pocket
    sometimes I just carry it in my hand

22. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Mostly back pocket since I don't take it out very often ( Watch).

idk what is with the "really?!" on the poll? I just pull it out of my pocket to sit since it's uncomfortable. Every one of my phones, including my 6, survived just fine and I have no doubts about my 6s.

23. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

I can't fathom keeping my phone in my pocket. Horizontal belt pouch for me.

24. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Carried every iPhone in back pocket of my jeans -- with never any damage -- until the 6, where I wouldn't risk it and it was also getting to be too big for that.