Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xvpeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
How do you guys cope when you get scratch on your new iphone i got the iphone xs gold and have micro fine scratche which you can’t see only in brigt light and if you looked so hard and close i hate how this ss is easily scratched i don’t how i got them i really take care of my iphone and have it on a case os there anyway to remove them ?

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
That's the reason why some people use screen protectors and cases. As others have suggested, just don't worry and use your phone. There's a good chance you'll buy another iPhone within the next year or so and when you do, don't forget the phone case and screen protectors.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Please don’t call this “OCD”. People with real OCD will thank you.

What you can do is use some metal-polishing products (e.g. Brasso). Or a case.

Back in the 3GS days Zagg made the Invisible Shield cover the stainless steel ring as well. Man those were the days.

OLDGUYWITHAHIFI

Suspended
Nov 14, 2018
I really don't understand how anyone could expect that a device you carry with you everyday, in your pocket, in a bag, in a backpack, in a purse, on a plane, in a car, on a motor bike, at the movies, to school, on a date, etc., would not expect to get a scratch or a nick or a scuff. Unless you leave your phone at home hanging on the wall in a museum case or in a vault, it's going to show wear. We need to deal with it. The devise is "portable".

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
How do I deal? I sold my Max and purchased a XR. Had a Belkin screen protector applied and am going to buy the new Apple case for the XR. Lesson learned.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Scratches are unfortunate, but is a part of phones we use daily. My thoughts are once you achieve that first scratch, you won’t care as much if find another one. It’s the nature of having a smart phone.

Reactions: Never mind

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I deal with it because everything gets wear and tear. My cars, the walls in my house, the wood floors, my pool tile Etc. It’s life! You can’t stress so much in life. It isn’t worth it.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm so glad I'm not like that anymore. It's a phone. You'll probably get a new one in 1-3 years. Enjoy it and move on. No one cares if your phone is perfect or if it has scratches.

xvpeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
imagine that idc about my car like how i car about my iPhone
[doublepost=1545051920][/doublepost]
That’s what I would do. Scratches on a phone make it worthless.
Guys you are not helping lol im broke i can’t get new one

cornerexit

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Easy, case and screen protector go on before I use the phone. If it gets scratched it will be the case or screen protector and not the phone. It’s a mobile device that will be transported everywhere, it should have protection. I put PPF on my vehicles for the same reason.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Scratches on the body don't bother me much. The screen is a different story which is why I'm using screen protectors 100% of the time for the first time ever. My X I traded in this year had several significant scratches and countless hairline scratches from a year of no screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.