Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I have created some new hosted exchange mailboxes which work fine with Spark except I cannot find a way To create regular mail folders in Spark. That is a pretty basic mail client feature to let you create and delete folders in your mailbox so it's likely that I am missing it.

Bonnie Shaljean

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2018
[Two years later, August 2018] You can do this now. In the sidebar to the left where the folders are listed, click on "More" and then on the "Create New Folder" option on the pop-up menu. Your new folder will appear at the bottom of the sidebar under "Recents" and you can catch it with your mouse and move it wherever you want to.

That pop-up menu will also give you access to the entire list of your existing folders (you first have to click on that option to see them). Once it's showing, you can click the folders you want to drop into the sidebar. To remove a folder from the sidebar, click on it and you'll get a drop-down menu with various choices including that one.

There still doesn't seem to be a function for re-naming folders (at least I couldn't find one) but - if you have a web-based account such as gmail/yahoo/hotmail/aol - you could try logging into it via your browser and making the change online. I haven't done this though, so it's just an idea for a possible workaround.

PS: I should probably mention that I'm using Spark on a laptop (MacBook, Sierra) not a mobile device.

Last edited:

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Thanks. I have quit using both Spark and Airlmail quite some time ago . I use Apple native mail app now since it does everything I need plus other advantages like power saving mode .

PitBullCH

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
[Two years later, August 2018] You can do this now. In the sidebar to the left where the folders are listed, click on "More" and then on the "Create New Folder" option on the pop-up menu. Your new folder will appear at the bottom of the sidebar under "Recents" and you can catch it with your mouse and move it wherever you want to.

The above "create new folder" only allows creation on an existing account - what about a local folder (like "on my mac" in stock Apple Mail ?

maclawyermom

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2021
The above "create new folder" only allows creation on an existing account - what about a local folder (like "on my mac" in stock Apple Mail ?
Bump. Would love to know. I feel like I’m old-fashioned but I really need easy foldering (creating, name changing, moving, sub-foldering) in my email client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.