How do you feel about the "Critics"?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tr3lo9y, Mar 10, 2015.

1. tr3lo9y macrumors newbie

2. troop231 macrumors 603

No. Look at all the negativity surrounding the iPhone and iPad too when they were launched.

3. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

See that's why the have the 10k one.

they won't laugh at you then.

P.S. They will just whisper "counterfeit" :D

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

People are allowed to have their own opinions. Not everyone has to like the apple watch.

5. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I don't know anyone who wants an Apple Watch apart from me. My friends think I'm stupid. They all have iPhones.

I wonder now if this thing will take a while to take off.

Apple's going to need us early adopters :cool:

6. tr3lo9y thread starter macrumors newbie

True. Thing is though. The iPad and iPhone were revolutionary 'tech' products. This is the first time Apple is going above and beyond to sell an item with "Luxury" wrapped around it. It sort of blows my mind and I feel this is sort of what Steve Jobs and his vision would be against. Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Exactly. I wasn't paying attention much to the iPhone when it launched, but when the iPad launched, it was all "It's pointless -- it's just a giant iPod Touch! Why would anyone need one?" It took years before that finally died away.

8. refslady macrumors regular

I never thought there would be a time in my life when I would quote Taylor Swift, but the moment has arrived:

"Haters gonna hate, hate hate".

People who are unwilling to even try the technology but willing to bash it based on no knowledge and plenty of ignorance don't get a vote in my world, nor any of my time. If they can't be bothered to wait until it comes out and there are actual reviews instead of speculative slams, then we cannot discuss it.

9. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

The original iPhone could do a few unique things (Safari, UI), but was largely handicapped compared to its competitors. You couldn't even send a picture message. It also cost $600+.

Yet, I bought one on launch day due to it's luxury (and potential), and have not had another brand of phone since.

If anything,  Watch has way more footing than either the iPhone or iPad did when they were introduced.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Who knows what Steve would have done? He might have nixed the luxury idea, or he might have spent half the presentation waxing poetic over the gold Edition. If we built a time machine and went back and asked Steve what he would do, HE couldn't tell you.

And, no, when the iPad launched, not everyone thought it was a revolutionary product. Many people thought it was not innovative at all because all it was a giant iPhone.

11. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

This is also the first time Apple is making something that's so personal, so they need to make options for all types of people. Some people buy their six year olds $10K earrings for their birthday or whatever. Do you think they'd want to wear the same $350 watch that you or I do? With phones, it's just a device. Wearables are an entirely different matter, and Apple needs to elevate the perception of "geeky" wrist computers. I think they might pull it off.

12. tr3lo9y thread starter macrumors newbie

If the watches were just the "Sport" and "Stainless Steel" editions, i would totally say "this is awesome, i think people are gonna look at watches a new way" but that "Edition" watch really gets to me, very "Un-Apple" like.

To be honest, my theory is that the first Gen Watch is the only generation which will have "Edition" so it can maintain its status.

13. DesignG macrumors member

DesignG

I was a big Apple Watch fan until yesterday. There wasn't shown anything new about the watch. The prices are just astronomic. The euro / dollar prices are $349 vs 399 Euro. I hope that Apple will "fail" in some way with the watch, just to make them to open their eyes and continue the "RIGHT" way.

14. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I think the more criticism, the better. I think it was great that a lot of the writers initially announced that it was confusing.

The reviews will drop in a few weeks and all be universally positive, and then apple will sell 10 million this year and become even more profitable. At this point I think haters are just going to hate.

15. tr3lo9y thread starter macrumors newbie

Here in Canada, the 42mm, SS Edition with classic band is $919!!! I believe it is $699 in the US. $919CAD but taxes is just ridiculous... super bummed out about that.

16. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I've learned long ago to trust my own judgement. I've been on the bleeding edge of some many techs. My interest and desire in Apple watch is simply another chapter in knowing what the public will want AFTER I'm wearing mine around.

Critics can eat it.

17. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Why?

----------

Love this.

I'm right with you.:cool:

18. Uccle macrumors regular

A lot of people (myself included) can't envisage how something will work until they see it. I knew the instant I heard about it I wanted the iPhone. Personal, portable Internet device? Yes please!

But the iPad? I thought "who'd want a big iphone if they have an iPhone?" Well now I think mine is surgically implanted in my hands ;-)

My friends didn't get the iPhone at all when it was announced. They didn't get it for a couple of years (slow learners) but now, every single one has a smartphone and all but one has an iPhone. And they can't live without it.

The Apple watch, for me, adds convenience and discretion. Being notified in a theater/meeting/gym of an emergency call without any sound? Getting walking directions as a tourist without hauling out my expensive iPhone? (Hoping this actually will work...) Yes, please! And who knows what else once we and developers get our hands on it.

It may flop. It may make us laughing stocks, but I don't think so. And if it does I'll still enjoy trying something new and then commiserating here in the forum :rolleyes:

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

20. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

Steve did say he didn't want the exec board to be constantly asking what would Steve do before he died but instead to run the company they thought it should be run.

Now, I agree that steves philosophy might be missing from this product but if its a flop it wont have been the first time Apple have made a mistake.

For me, I can see the novel features of this product but I take offence with the way it's priced.

This is Tim cooks first product as Ceo, I just hope this reimagination of their products and pricing isn't a new trend.

21. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

The Apple Watch was in discussions as a product Apple could/should pursue prior to him leaving Apple. As was another 18 products we probably don't know about yet. I read this...somewhere. source unknown.

22. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

"Critics" Great when they support your own point of view. When they don't? They are pointless, don't understand or see the potential, or don't live in the real world.... :rolleyes:

23. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

24. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

Less people that have it will make me like it more. Means Im unique. Part of the reason Ive had a pebble for 18 months.
    Critics are just jealous or have some apple hate.

25. Sharkey311 Suspended

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how many friends are planning on getting one day of or at least within a month of the release. I have at least 6 friends already on board. I'm sure within the next couple years it'll be common place for existing and new Apple users to own an AW.