How do you feel after using Anti-Glare after a while?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by holyindian, Nov 1, 2009.

1. holyindian macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I have been using Power Support Anti-Glare since over 4 months now. Initially i was loving it, but now after months of usage, i am having a feeling that i am actually missing out the real life like colors iphone delivers.
    Yesterday i visited the Apple store with a friend for his purchase, and i was not able to let go off the phone that was placed on the store shelf. Something kept on pulling me towards it, the screen looked so different as compared to my fone, though i also have a 3GS phone, and heavily themed.. etc.. But i guess it was the screen clarity and the vividness of the colors that i am missing in iphone. I guess my eyes are used to seeing the semi-blurry/hazy effect on my phone, which made me feel drooling over the phone kept at the store.

Is this just with me, or u guys are also having the same feeling after using Anti-Glare films after a while??

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I started with anti-glare and moved to crystal just for the colors and all, i dont mind some glare. It's not a problem as you can manage your screen to not glare..

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

i switched to anti-glare and have been thinking of switching back.. ive got 3 anti-glare and 5 crystal films sitting here just need to be pushed to do it lol. the anti-glare doesnt really prevent glare from overhead lights which is annoying..so maybe its time to pull it off

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

been using my iphone since i got it with the antiglare film .. i really miss the brightness i saw of the ones in the store .. im tempted to go to the crystal one .. only thing i heard is it shows fingerprints

5. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I used an antiglare for a while and it was great mainly cuz you couldn't see the fingerprints but after I saw some friend's iPhones with crystal film I had to go back, I really missed the brightness and clarity of the screen.

I definitely won't go back to an antiglare film the screen just looks too good, I had forgotten how good it did look.

6. christyn macrumors 6502a

I was able to see these side by side on 2 different iphones and opted for the crystal. A few fingerprints and some glare don't bother me too much, and the crystal just looks so much better.

7. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

i hated my antiglare, i couldnt wait to take it off -- everything just seemed so dull to me...

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I love my Power Support anti-glare screen. Yes, the display is not quite as nice as with no screen protection or even with the Power Support Crystal, but I gladly trade that for no fingerprint and skin oil smudge issue.

S-

9. lollicup macrumors regular

agreed

you have to choose your poison

I can't remember the last time I had to "wipe my iphone" with the powersupport antiglare

when i had a naked phone/clear skin I was constantly wiping the screen to remove fingerprints

that said I'm keeping the power support anti-glare because of the low friction it offer the screen

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I've had a PS Anti-Glare on all 3 iPhones. Took it off recently for 1 day and the smudges drove me nuts.

11. holyindian thread starter macrumors 6502

Seriously, now i am starting to have a feeling that Anti-Glare screen makes me realize the plastic screens of the oldest versions of Nokia fones i used to have in the 90's.. with the same plasticky screens.

[​IMG]

Its almost the same feeling but with colored background. :eek:

12. allaw macrumors member

I am using the Steinheil Anti-fingerprint film on my 3GS and I am loving it. I have to say there are different quality of anti-glare on the market. The anti-glare that came with one of my touch case was really bad and I eventually bought one from Steinheil. I have to say their quality is top notch.

13. V4705 macrumors 6502

i can't use touchscreens without anti-glare for a sec.
    but you have to replace it every several months after it gets "oily".

14. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Maybe you do. But I've had a Power Support Anti-Glare on my 3G (now my wife's phone) for almost a year now and it works as well as it did when new. You just have to clean it every month or so. I use the cleaner that came with my glasses.

S-

15. V4705 macrumors 6502

maybe i'll clean it too, i used mine for 5-6 months and then it became like the crystal film (glare and show fingerprints).

16. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I use a Steinheil Anti Glare, and I love it. Not only for the lack of fingerprints, but simply for the feeling of it. I love the way your fingers glide on the screen with it on.

17. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've been using Power Support anitglare films for a long time and overall am still pretty happy with them.

You lose a slight bit of clarity but it's well worth it.

18. hajime macrumors 68030

I got the PS's anti-glare film from Apple but have not opened it yet. I wonder if I should exchange for the crystal film. What are the problems affiliated with PS's crystal film? Do they exist when no film is applied? How the images (photos, movies, letters) look under the anti-glare film, crystal film and when there is no film applied?

19. lavinci macrumors 6502

I don't use a film for my 3GS since it is oleophobic so I don't have to wipe my phone as often.

20. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

dude, nokia 3310 was the best "rambo phone" ever made. i threw it from roof (7m) sevral times and all i did was change the expresson™ cover and that was the ****!
    very very good phone,

21. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I lol'd at your post :p

Anyway back to OP, I've been using SGP since last year, I only have 3G and so far no complaints. I really wanted no fingerprints to begin with.

22. holyindian thread starter macrumors 6502

Hahaha i know, that was one hell of a sledgehammer, i too dropped mine once from a great height and continued to use it for a couple of more years. I was creeping out for the screen. Well, i guess i should have tried the crystal film first, and then the anti-glare one. I guess its time i shud peel it off and give SGP a try, Anyone used SGP with PS anti-glare side by side or maybe one after another, they can give good inputs on how much difference it makes when it comes to screen clarity and texture..

23. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i like the steinheil crystal clear better. I tried the anti glare one but i think i liked my screen crystal clear a little better. I think it just depends on personal preference.

24. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here. I'm too oily to go without the anti-glare film :D

25. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

the screen is so beautiful with nothing on it .. but when its warm out your fingers dont slide over the screen but with the anti glare film it always glides .. but the screen looks like crap